D-Day

You wake up early and decided to check your parents' room. There's a lot on your mind, and you're hoping for a deep conversation.
Carefully, you open the door and glance inside to see if they are awake.

Mr. Kim: Come in, baby. You're up early.

You slowly enter the room and cuddle your Mom, who's still lying in bed.

Mrs. Kim: Good morning, baby. How are you feeling today?
Your Dad pats your head, as if he knows what you're feeling.

"I'm scared and worried at the same time," you say.

Mrs. Kim: (takes a breath) You know we're always here to support your happiness, no matter what that is.

Mr. Kim: Whatever you decide, we will accept it. We've always told you that we exist to see you grow up wisely, happy, and kind. Having a kind heart and passion for the path you choose is the most important part of your journey.

Tears start to well up in your eyes.

Y/N: I'm scared because this is a huge risk, and I'm worried because I'll be joining Oppa and I don't want you to be sad here without us. You may have never told me about the hardships when Oppa decided to leave. I don't want to be the reason you feel that way again.

You wipe your tears away.

Mr. Kim: You know why we consider your Oppa's decision and leave the choice up to you? Because we trust your Oppa that much.

Mrs. Kim: I know it's a huge risk, and I understand how you feel. But you have to be true to yourself; that's how you'll know if you're willing to go or not.

You left yourself staring at them with teary eyes.

"I love you so much, Eomma, Appa. I'll cook breakfast for us".

Later that afternoon, you decide to drive your brother to a countryside he had never been to. You want to get some fresh air with him and talk about the current situation.

 You want to get some fresh air with him and talk about the current situation

"Oppa, it would be nice if we rode bikes. I just want to show you how much I've improved my driving skills," you chuckle, saying confidently.

RM: (Laughs) You have indeed improved a lot, but I should be the one behind the wheel, just so you know.
Y/N: And how will you do that? You didn't even know how to pull the handbrake.

You both laugh. You pull over and watch your brother get amaze by the scenery of the forest.

RM: Ahhhhh! A breath of fresh air, literally

You glance at him, admiring the place. You open the truck's tailgate so you both can sit comfortably.
You give him the sandwich you made and a can of soda.

To be in this place with your brother makes you feel at peace. This is the go-to place for the both of you.

"Oppa, how did you feel leaving this place a year ago?" You ask calmly.

RM: Honestly, it was a bittersweet decision for me. On one hand, I felt a sense of excitement and determination, knowing that I'll pursue my dream alone in a city renowned for the bustling streets and modern people. Yet, at the same time, leaving this place was like saying goodbye to a part of my soul. The thought of leaving behind the ocean views, the peaceful countryside, and the warmth of the family was definitely a pang in my heart. It's a chapter of transformation.

You now understand how he feels, you see the passion in his eyes.

"I'm sorry for being selfish, I should have known how difficult that was for you" You said.

RM: It's a natural reaction, Boon. I can't blame you. We're a close-knit family, I know it would be sad to be far from an amazing and lovable brother.
He jokingly said then wink at you.

Y/N: You make me cringe!! (Laughs)
You jump from the trunk and run a little distance from him.

"Let's do this, Oppaaaaaaa!!! Just don't disappear from my sight in Seoul!" you excitedly say.

You can hear your voice echoing and the birds flying from the trees as if they just woke up because of you.