chapter 16

It had been over a year now since the incident with Rick. Mariska had gotten her daughter in to therapy and raylynn was doing much better almost back to her old self.

Today was raylynns birthday but also the academy awards so after talking with Ray a week before they decided they would go to the awards together and have a celebration the next day just the two of them and some friends.

Raylynn used to go to all of mariskas events with her but over the last year or so she had stopped so today would be the first time in a while that she accompanied her mother.

She got in to her fancy dress with a little help from her mother and her mothers stylist alexa.

Once they were both ready raylynn met her mother at the door and took a breath.

"You ready for this my love?" She asked.

Raylynn nodded "yeah..yeah I'm ready."

"You just keep hold of my hand and stay close ok." Mariska said.

Raylynn nodded taking her mothers hand as they left.

Paparazzi shot pictures of them outside thier hotel and raylynn kept calm and even posed a little.

Mariska smiled and loved seeing the old raylynn coming back. Mariska got herself and raylynn in to the limo and hugged her daughter "you did so well princess."

Raylynn smiled proud of herself as the limo drove towards the awards show.

***

A little bit later they showed up at the red carpet and mariska and raylynn stepped out of the limo.

Mariska waved to some fans and paparazzi and put an arm around jaylynn so they would spoke a little together as the moved down the carpet.

Mariska was being interviewed along the way by different reporters and mariska mentioned to the last one "its actually a great night I'm up for a couple awards and..." she said Tugging ray a little closer "it's my beautiful daughter's birthday and she was gracious enough to be my date tonight" Mariska smiled and Ray bit her lip and smiled slightly as the interviewer knelt slightly to raylynn and said "so you excited for your mom to maybe bring home a few awards on your birthday of all days?"

Raylynn swallowed and said "I'm sure she will my mom is super talented....someday I want to be just like her" she said and moved along with her mother glad to have finally reached back stage where it was a little more quiet. "Mom can we go to our seats?"

"Not yet my love I have to do a little intro so why don't you go get a soda off the snack table and as soon as I'm backstage again we will head to our seats ok?"

Raylynn nodded and walked towards the snack table.

Mariska went and introduced Taylor swift singing and soon stepped off stage and went towards the snack table as well but when she got there she didn't see raylynn. She asked a couple crew who said they hadn't seen her and mariska looked around back stage but after several minutes of not finding her she seen kelli giddish and walked over to her and said "have you seen Ray?"

"No not since she was on the carpet with you." She said a little worried and then knew something was wrong when mariska had a panicked look on her face "calm down marish we will find her" she lead mariska to the security officer near by and they both relayed what was going on and the security team moved in to action checking everywhere.

"Kelli somethings wrong....Ray doesn't just wander off especially at an event like this" she said in a panicked tone.

(What happened to Raylynn? Will they find her? Find out soon.)