chapter 29

The next day raylynn showed up prepping for the first scene to be filmed of her and Luke. It went great and all the scenes that day with the two of them were only one take.

After Luke had changed back to his normal clothes he went and knocked on raylynns dressing room the the crew had help set up for her on her last birthday as a gift so she wouldn't have to share with her mother anymore.

Raylyn finished changing and then opened the door smiling "hey...um great job today." She said.

"Yeah you too" he smiled "although I think the kiss scene was making your mom nervous." He chuckled.

She rolled her eyes and let him in the dressing room "being within 10 feet. Of a boy makes my mom nervous." She half joked.

"Why?" He asked.

"My mom has just been through a lot with me over the years...and then being on this show for so long does not help her mindset." She continued.

"Oh." He half smiled then said "so listen the movie I was in last year is premiering on Friday night and I was hopeing maybe if it's ok...if you wouldn't mind being my date to it." He came out in a nervous tone.

"Oh wow....um...I'd love to but...I'd have to talk to my mom. She's never let me go to an event without her before." Ray said.

"Ok that's cool why don't you just give me the answer tomorrow." He replied.

She nodded then seen her mom walk in and Ray sighed "mom come on can you atleast knock?"

Mariska was shocked to see the two alone in the dressing room "what's going on?" She inquired.

"We were just talking Ms. Hargitay sorry" he said "I should go."

Ray nodded and began brushing out her red hair and mouthed sorry before he left.

"What was that about" Mariska asked once he was gone.

"Nothing really he was just....asking me to be his date to the premier of his movie on Friday." She said trying not to sound super anxious.

"Just you and him" she gave her daughter a look.

"Come on mom we will be in a crowded theater and a crowded after. Party. Please." She said looking at her mother.

Mariska sighed "I don't know Ray you only recently really got comfortable at those sorts of events what if you have a panic attack?"

"I won't I swear and if I think I'm going to ill leave" she said "just trust me this once."

Mariska took a breath and said "ok but I want you home by midnight and no later ok?"

Ray smiled excited and hugged her mother tightly "thank you thank you thank you."

Mariska laughed lightly and hugged her daughter.