chapter 13

It took 2 and a half days for raylynn to wake. Mariska hadn't left the waiting room the whole time. When she heard a doctor tell the police officer that raylynn was awake she wanted to run to her daughter but was stopped by a nurse at the desk and mariska sighed with tears in her eyes "please just tell me she's ok."

"A doctor will come out to speak with you as soon as he's allowed" she said.

Mariska felt so helpless and her best friend Ali was there and hugged her "it's gonna be ok marish. She's your daughter and she'll tell them the truth."

***

Raylynn woke in the hospital room and looked around only seeing a doctor and two people she didn't know and she sat up fast but the social worker stopped her "hey kiddo relax, relax your safe" she said.

Raylynn looked at the woman and shook her head "no...no where's my mom? I want to see my mom please."

The officer then spoke and said "as soon as we ask you some questions we will get your mom ok."

She was still shaking but nodded.

The officer then began his questioning. "Do you know how you ended up here?" He asked.

She was scared to answer remembering what Rick had said "i...I can't tell he'll take me away."

"Who will take you raylynn?" He asked.

She hesitated then said "my dad he...he said if I told anyone he'd take me from my mom please don't let him take me" she said with tears welling in her eyes.

"No one is taking you away. You have to tell me who's been hurting you raylynn. Was it your mother or your father or someone else?"

She hesitated once again and then said "my father...he said I was a fame whore like my mother...but she's not....I'm not" she said

"What did he do to you raylynn?" He asked.

"He hit me....a lot and kicked me too. I tried to call my mom the first time but he said if I told I'd be taken away from her forever and have to live with him." She said scared.

"How often did he hurt you?" He asked

"E..every time I was with him...he didn't like the people taking pictures in public of me and he said it was my fault that he wasn't going to let me turn out like my mom" she said.

"What about your mom has she ever hurt you?" He asked.

She shook her head "no my mom would never hurt me. Please please can I see her?"

"Give us a moment" he said and he and the social worker stepped out and over to mariska in the waiting room. "So Ms. Hargitay we have talked to your daughter and she confirmed it was her father who hurt her."

Mariska stood "can I see her please" she asked.

They both nodded and the social worker said "you will have full custody until the newest hearing. I will come for home checks a couple times a month till then."

Mariska nodded "I just want to see my daughter" she said and walked past them and in to raylynns hospital room and rushed to her side. "Oh my love" she touched her face and kissed her cheek "why didn't you tell me sweetheart?"

Raylynn looked down "he said he would take me away from you if I told anyone...I didn't want to leave you" she said and began to cry.

Mariska hugged her daughter gently "I would never let that happen. I'm so sorry I didn't notice my love. But please no matter what never hide things from me like this"

Raylynn nodded hugging her mother back tightly.

(Next xhapter will be out asap.)