Chapter Five

A woman sat on a cold, stone floor, sobbing. The iron bars that enslaved her freedom had began to rust from the humidity. The room was damp from all the souls that had wasted away in that very room, that confined, isolated space.

Her dress was withered and dirty, torn and sad, much like her heart. In her arms, she held a baby. A fresh infant. Brand new to a world it would never see. It fussed with hunger and confusion as its Mother hovered over it, praying her captors did not mean what they said. The woman had soft brown skin, and long, somewhat curly, wavy, black hair. Her eyes were that of chocolate, her build somewhat thick, but not overweight. Her recently finished pregnancy made her appear larger than she really was.

An ancient woman stood before her iron bars, a smile on her face. She looked young, but the aging was catching up to her. Her top was black with gold accents near the top edges. Her fitted top only covered her abdomen, her shoulders bare. She had black fitted sleeves, both having a drape coming off the back of her arms like fins, white gerudo symbols lining one edge of the fin-like drapes. The trim of the top of her shirt had the sweetheart cut, but instead of a rounded edge, it was sharp and pointy like a triangle, covering only the lower half and some of the center of her somewhat large breasts. Gold ornaments decorated the points of her top, ornaments shaped like the lateral cut of a mushroom, covering her nipples. From the gold, mushroom-shaped ornaments, two bold gold lines emitted outwards, following the trim of the shirt before coming back together over her abdomen, forming two diamond shapes. Her fitted shirt slid into her white culottes, the pants ending in a black cuff. A ribbon like belt adorning the top of them, red on right half, teal on the left. At the center was gold buckle, shaped similarly to the mushrooms, but bigger and more like an anchor. From the belt, a decorative apron hung, starting red on the right side, teal on the left before being interrupted by a break of white with some similarly colored Gerudo lettering, then continued with teal on the right, red on the left, the apron ending with a straight, horizontal cut. Her shoes were simple slippers, the right teal, the left red. Her flesh was olive green, her nose was large and hooked. Her brows were grey and thin with a high arch. The parts of grey hair before her ears were bundled up into some kind of hanging buns, wrapped in more black cloth marked with white gerudo symbols. Her hair style was two large pigtails on either side of her head, high up, and flowing. There was a large gem on her forehead whose colors were split in half, red on the right, blue on the left. Her lips were red, while her eyeshadow over her protruding eyes was teal. Her iris' were yellow, her eyelids resting halfway closed as she looked down at her prisoner, her eyelashes extremely long. "There's no need to cry." Twinrova spoke.

The woman looked up to Twinrova, weakly, her breath stunted, "P-Please... Let me keep him... I take back what I said... Please..."

"Oh, my sweet dear..." Twinrova reached a bony hand through the iron bars, gently brushing the woman's cheek, "It's too late for that now..." With her one hand, she slipped it under the baby's head and body, gripping the child.

The mother held her baby tighter, but she was too weak now. "No!... No please..."

The older woman pried the child from her arms, the baby crying louder as its mother too, sobbed harder. Twinrova pulled the baby through the bars and cradled it, turning away from the mother and slowly making her way to the iron door at the front of the room.

The mother, with her little bit of strength, threw herself at the iron bars, clutching them, "NO! Pleeaase... Please, don't take him away from me too, please!..." No amount of begging would change its fate.

Twinrova turned to look at the mother again, letting her see her baby one last time, a smug look on the witch's face, "You chose his fate long before he was born. Remember that for next time, Acias." A small chuckle echoed from Twimrova's throat as she turned away, opening the door.