Chapter Six: Scolding

TW: Swearing

Cecilia's POV:

I finished sprucing everything up using a bit of magic that I figured out how to use based on the countless years spending time in Hell. Everything looked so much better now. The old and rusted floorboards are now polished and now there are no gaps within the floorboards.

The walls were not painted, but it looks more modern than when the walls were dirty. The paintings on the walls of Charlie's family are now clean, without a speck of dust in sight.

The furniture is now clean without any tears, cracks, and dust. I even added new furniture, like a coffee table and leg rest for the couch. In all honesty, I believe I did a pretty decent job with this hotel, something I probably should've done a while ago, but whatever.

I looked back at the clock hanging on the wall, and it's around 7:00 PM. You would think that the others would be here by now. I don't think the whole interview was supposed to be long...unless they wanted Charlie to be there an hour beforehand? What the hell could be happening? I decided to turn the TV on to 666 News, just to see what's going on.

Oh! Looks like I made it to the start of the interview? Maybe they really did want Charlie there an hour beforehand.

"So, Charlotte!" Katie exclaimed, a fake smile expanding her face. God, I hate this woman.

"It's...Charlie," Charlie muttered uncomfortably. Honestly, girl? Same, and I'm not even there.

"Whatever. Tell us about this new passion project you've been insistently pestering our news station about!" Katie chidded, her teeth were clenched together like she was holding in an outburst. So Charlie has been pestering 666 News and this wasn't just a weird occurrence? Okay...I shouldn't be surprised, though.

Charlie seems to be looking around for a moment, probably unsure of what to say or if she should even continue with Katie's sour attitude, but she starts speaking eventually. "Well..." She clears her throat. "As most of you know, I was born here in Hell and growing up, I always tried to see the good in everyone around me."

Katie, seemingly uninterested, stabs a slug that crawled on the desk with her pen, the blood started bursting all over.

"Hell is my home and–" Blood is splattered on her cheek, but she quickly wipes it off. "You are my people. We...we just went through another Extermination."

Katie seems to be losing interest since she seems to almost be falling asleep while Charlie explains her goal.

"We lost so many souls, and it breaks my heart to see my people being slaughtered every year. No one is even given," Charlie slams her hand on the desk, waking Katie up. "A chance!" She walks up from the desk, walking in front of the camera. "I can't stand idly by while the place I live is subjected to such violence! So, I've been thinking: Isn't there a more humane way to hinder overpopulation here in Hell? Perhaps we can create an alternative way to change souls through...redemption? Well, I think yes! So, that's what this project aims to achieve! Ladies and gentlemen, I'm opening the first of its kind! A hotel that rehabilitates sinners!"

Silence echoed through the news station and I cringed watching the Princess try to scramble for some sort of explanation. I knew this wasn't going to go well, and I felt really bad.

"Y'know? Because hotels are for people passin' through...temporarily..." Charlie started to mutter, her confidence was basically slowly drained from her. "I think it'll serve a purpose...a place to work toward redemption...yay...!" She looks around, clearly saddened by the lack of enthusiasm. "Look, every single one of you has something good, deep down inside. I know you do! Maybe I'm not getting through to you."