Chapter Twenty: Radio Killed the Video Star pt 1

TW: Swearing

Cecilia's POV:

It was the next day, and everybody was sitting in the lobby room while Charlie was pacing back and forth, clearly freaking out.

"Okay. So, the extermination is coming in six months instead of a year! No big deal, just a little setback. Nothing we can't handle. Just angels cutting our timetable in half, but who needs a whole year to save souls, am I right?! And next time when they cut the time in half again, and again, we'll just handle it, right?!"

Vaggie grabbed onto Charlie's shoulders, trying to calm her down. "Yes. We will."

Angel rolled his eyes. "Oh, please, ya had less than half a chance when you started all this salvation bullshit. And now..." Angel's phone vibrated, a message from Valentino appearing at the top of the screen that said 'You fucking bitch...' and I couldn't read the rest of it before it went away. "Ain't no silver lining this time, toots."

I glanced over at Angel with a sympathetic look to my eyes, but my friend just shrugged, like it didn't affect him.

"Sure there is! We just...have to look a little harder for it!" Charlie exclaimed, trying to find the bright side of the whole situation.

"Well, while you're lookin', the rest'a hell's goin' nuts," Angel waves his phone in our faces. "People are already freakin' out about the news. Look at what's happenin' in the Doomsday District."

He scrolls down an article with the bottom showing a demon screaming in front of a fire. Suddenly his phone vibrates again and Charlie gets close enough to read the message.

"Err, what is a... 'Donkey show'?" Charlie wondered with a raised eyebrow.

My eyes widened as Angel started to panic, retreating his phone from the Princess's face. "Aah, heh, nothin'. My boss, Val, is just freaked out about the news too. Like I said, everyone's losin' their shit."

I nodded my head, trying to cover the whole 'donkey show' text. I don't think Charlie would like to know what Valentino was implying. "Yeah! Valentino has been freaking out too. Everybody's going batshit crazy."

"Yeah, that's true. Sinners are desperate. Maybe desperate enough to try anything to escape the extermination?" Vaggie wondered out loud.

Charlie suddenly gasped. "This is the perfect time to recruit more sinners for the hotel!"

"True!" I agreed with Charlie, though Angel seemed indifferent.

"Cute idea and all, but you really gonna go out in all of this?" He waves his phone in the air, the video was of some building on fire with demons in panic.

"Well, it's not like people are just gonna show up on our doorstep–" Charlie was in the middle of her sentence, when suddenly a massive explosion was heard. Charlie screamed in fright, getting the attention of whatever demon made the explosion noise. We turn to see a freshly made hole in the wall, then we see Sir Pentious zeppelin armed for some sort of battle.

"Show yourself Alasssstor! Come and face–" The demon, who I recognized as Sir Pentious (who I've had a bunch of turf wars with), started speaking until he stopped to look around, seeing that Alastor was not present. I went outside to where the hole in the wall was, just to see Alastor on the second floor balcony, sipping coffee. Sir Pentious seemed to notice it too. "Oh, there you are. Face my wrath!"

Alastor seemed unfazed. "Who are you?"

Sir Pentious looked super offended by his statement. "Who am I? Who am I?! I am the great Ssssssir Pentiousssss!" Alastor dissolves into fog as he descends to the ground, materializing aside me, Angel, Vaggie, and Charlie who are in the scene watching Sir Pentious's zeppelin. "Inventor, architect of dessstruction, villain extraordinaire!"