Peridot's Redemption

Garnet carried Peridot back to the temple, laying her on the couch.

"What is that doing here?!" Asked Amythyst. "Isn't she like evil!?"
Pearl sighs, still examining her with her scanner.

"We don't know that yet. She sent a message that might have shown signs of kindness. But we still have to stay cautious with her."
Garnet nods.
"Yes that is true but, what was the message?" She asks, tilting her head a bit. Pearl nods, a small smile on her face.

"Watch it as many times as you want." She says, smiling more. Garnet nods and they watch it once more. Amethyst snickers when she says I care about her. The message ends and Amethyst starts being strange.

"Ohhhh Lapis~! I love you soooooo much~. I care about how you feel! Let's run away together~!" She swoons then laughs. Pearl growls.
"Amethyst!! That is serious business! Peridot could be reaching out for our help! So no joking around." She demands, crossing her arms.

"Aww fiiine." Amethyst pouts, then makes a kissy face before running to her room.

Steven is distracted by Peridot's floating fingers. His eyes drift around, gazing at the moving objects.
Garnet is just standing there, not even moving a muscle. For a while its just about scanning Peridot and taking care of her. Steven gets bored and heads outside to the beach again.

He looks out at the ocean, a hint of sadness on his face.
"I wonder if Lapis is out there... Somewhere..." He says to himself as he touches the water. "Lapis? If you're out there somewhere, come back and visit us. We miss you."

A bright ball of light glows from the sky. It gets closer and a blue figure with light blue wings comes into veiw. It's Lapis Lazuli.

"Lapis! Over here!" Calls Steven, waving his arms. Lapis smiles and flies down to him.
"Steven! Hello! How are you?" She asks. Steven grins biggly.
"I'm awesome! The gems will be so happy to see you! Let's go!" He takes her hand once she lands and runs to the temple. She giggles, dragging behind.
"S-slow down. Heehee" She smiles. Steven rushes up the stairs, swinging open the door.
"Guys! Lapis is back!" He cheers, running over to them. Pearl is shocked.

"But I thought you were still trapped? Did Peridot really save you?" She asked. Lapis nods, a small smile on her face.
"Yes. I'm grateful. Although. I'm a bit worried what Jasper might do to her. But um..you guys wouldn't care, right?"

Garnet moves and points to Peridot laying on the couch.
"This is just a regular gem? Hm. She sure looks like Peridot." She smiles her mysterious smile. Lapis runs over, a worried expression on her face.

"Is she okay?" She asks. Pearl nods.
"She's just in a small little dormant stage. She'll come around in another day or so." She says, messing with her scanner.

The next few hours feel like days, but are just really boring.