Lapis Lazuli Listens

Pearl is up all night watching the message secretly, studying it carefully for any clues that could be on it. Garnet is just relaxing on the couch, watching Pearl do her stuff. She is watching over Peridot as well. Steven is up in his room sleeping while Lapis Lazuli messes around with his toys.

It's all pretty boring until Amethyst comes out of the room.
"Hey guys! What do you think Peridot is gonna say when she wakes up!? That she looooves Lapis~?" She cackles slyly. Pearl shushes her.
"Amethyst! Lapis is here right now with Steven!" Pearls snaps. Amethyst scoffs.
"Yeah right! You're just trying to defy the truth!"
Lapis hears the commotion and comes down the steps.
"What's wrong, everyone? Did I do something wrong? I heard my name." She asks, walking over with her hands over her chest. Amethyst shakes her head.

"Nope! Actually! We have something for you to listen to!" She takes the fingers and gives them to Lapis. Pearl panics.
"No! Peridot specifically said not to show her!" She cries. Amethyst doesn't listen and the message starts.

I am going to let Lapis Lazuli free from her cell. Because, for a while I really didn't see what I saw in her before. Now I realize who I...well. I realized that she deserves better. And that her life is more important then mine. I would rather find her safe and happy on Earth...then see he crying in a cell. I thought these feelings were just a mistake. But then, I started to notice how harshly she was treated.

If I am listening to this. Or if anyone is listening to this message. Keep it quiet and don't show Lapis. I don't know what she would think of me if she found out how much I care about her.....because....she's a precious gem...and I want that to be protected.

Lapis's eyes fill with tears.
"S-she......c-cares about me?...I...-"
Peridot suddenly wakes up.
"Ohhh god. My head... Mmm. Where am I?" She rubs her sore head, looking around with a sleepy expression on her face. Lapis looks at her, her tears shedding down her cheeks now.
"You......You..." She hesitantly walks over to Peridot.
"I what?" Asks Peridot, confused. She sees the other gems.
"D-did you find my secret messages!!? You couldn't have-"
Lapis wraps her arms around Peridot's neck and hugs her. A tiny blush appears on Peridot's cheeks.

"You saved me, Peri. Thank you...." She says softly, hugging her a bit tighter. Peridot gives in on how sweet and cute she is and she hugs back just as tight.
"I....I did it for you.." Peridot says back. Her heart beats a bit faster when Lapis plants a little kiss on her cheek.

Amethyst giggles to herself, saying to herself quietly.
"Lapis and Peridot, sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G"

Pearl growls,"I heard that, Amethyst!"
She laughs,"But they didn't! Right?" She looks at Peridot and Lapis. They are both looking at her. Then they both just laugh. Amethyst laughs too.
"At least you guys think it's funny!"
Peridot stops laughing, smiling still.
"I would have hugged her first."