16 : GET RID OF MY TIE.

Jungkook sat on the bench, clutching his bag tightly, feeling completely defeated. What was he supposed to do now? He didn't even have enough money for the bus fare. Despite coming from a wealthy family, at this moment, he had nothing—no cash, no phone to call a friend for help, nothing. The irony of his situation hit him hard, but even then, he refused to give up. He couldn't just leave, not yet.

A small part of him clung to the hope that maybe, just maybe, Professor Kim would come back for him. Was that even possible? Why would Taehyung bother coming back when he was with his girlfriend, enjoying their time together? It made no sense. Yet, Jungkook's heart ached at the thought. Why was he even entertaining the idea? Of course, Taehyung wouldn't come back—he had Sophie. Jungkook sat there, his mind racing, torn between hope and the painful reality that maybe, he didn't matter as much as he wished he did.

For Taehyung, his girlfriend was clearly more important. This marriage, the rituals, the vows—none of it really mattered. Those vows were for show, for the world to see. Jungkook had already been cursed with the truth: Taehyung would never truly accept him, never give him a place in his life. He would always be on the outside looking in. But then, why did it hurt so much? Why was Jungkook feeling this unbearable ache in his chest? Could it be that his feelings for Taehyung were actually growing?

Jungkook had promised himself he would give this marriage a chance, at least for the sake of their marriage. But now, that promise felt more complicated than ever. Was he starting to like Taehyung? He couldn't possibly be falling for someone who barely even looked his way, could he? No—he refused to believe it. Taehyung never spared him a glance, never cared. So why would Jungkook start caring now? It didn't make sense, and yet, deep down, the truth was undeniable. He was beginning to care far more than he wanted to admit.

But despite all this turmoil, Jungkook told himself over and over: it doesn't matter. He tried to convince himself that none of it mattered. Not Taehyung's coldness, not his indifference, and certainly not the growing pull Jungkook felt towards him. No, he told himself again. It didn't matter. But it did—and that was what scared him the most.

After a while, a car pulled up. For a split second, Jungkook's heart skipped, thinking it might be Professor Kim. He stood up eagerly, but his anticipation quickly faded when he saw a driver approaching him instead.

"Sir, young master sent me to pick you up," the driver said politely. Jungkook nodded, feeling a strange sense of disappointment settle in his chest. He followed the driver to the car without complaint, but the heaviness lingered. It wasn't the driver's fault—he had no issue with the man. He'd been picked up and dropped off like this countless times before. But now, something was different.

What was it? Jungkook couldn't quite put his finger on it, but deep down, he knew. He wanted it to be Taehyung. Ever since they got married, he had expected something—anything—from Taehyung, even if it was just the simple act of coming to get him. But it hadn't been Taehyung, and that realization hit him harder than it should've.

Maybe it was foolish to expect anything from a marriage that felt more like an arrangement than feelings, but still... now that they were married, shouldn't it mean something? Shouldn't Taehyung have been the one to come? Jungkook couldn't help but feel a growing ache, an emptiness that this driver couldn't fill, no matter how many times dirvers'd driven him before. It wasn't just the ride—it was the absence of Taehyung. That's what felt so wrong.

Jungkook arrived at the college, waving goodbye to the driver before standing at the entrance where the large sign Skyward Institute hung above the gates. He let out a deep sigh, his eyes taking in the familiar surroundings. His mind wandered back to the moments he had spent here, the good times with his friends and, strangely enough, the encounters with Professor Kim.