31 : VENGEANCE?

Taehyung couldn't pinpoint the exact rage boiling inside him as he read the message. Two years ago, he had convinced Sophie to quit her job, promising to take care of all her financial needs. He had provided her with everything: comfort, security, and a place she can call home. Yet today, he found himself questioning why she felt the need to take up a job again.

This morning, he had received a message that his credit card had been maxed out on a shopping spree. And who was behind it? Sophie. It baffled him. What on earth had compelled her to start working again? She had everything she could possibly need, and yet, here she was, seemingly throwing it all away.

Taehyung drove his car straight to the office, his mind racing with anger. When he tried to call Namjoon, he realized his phone was dead—completely out of charge. That only fueled his frustration further.

In a fit of rage, he parked his car haphazardly and stormed into the building. He barely acknowledged anyone along the way, ignoring the greetings of employees who tried to approach him. To them, he might have seemed like a force of nature, but all he could think about was this situation.

"Sir, sir, there's a meeting in progress. Mr. Kim has prohibited anyone from going in," an employee said to Taehyung, who merely responded with a cold, piercing gaze. The employee quickly bowed and murmured an apology, retreating in haste as Taehyung shoved the door open with force and stepped inside.

Inside the room were Namjoon, Mr. Kim, and Sophie. Namjoon sat in his chair, while Mr. Kim faced him, and Sophie stood nervously beside Namjoon. As soon as Sophie spotted Taehyung, her legs turned wobbly, and she swallowed hard, fear etched on her face. The tension in the room was palpable, and Namjoon's expression made it clear that something chaotic had already unfolded.

Taehyung's eyes scanned the scene, taking in the uncomfortable dynamics and the anxious energy. The anger bubbling within him intensified as he registered the sight of Sophie standing there, seemingly caught in a situation she couldn't control. The atmosphere thickened with dread; Taehyung was ready to unleash his fury.

"Oh Taehyung, son, I was waiting for you..." Mr. Kim said, his tone deceptively calm.

Taehyung remained silent, his gaze sharp as he turned to Sophie. "Sophie, let's go, right now," he insisted.

"Taehyung?" Mr. Kim interjected, trying to regain control of the situation.

"Who the hell do you think you are to call me?" Taehyung shot back, his anger boiling beneath the surface.

"How are you speaking to me like this?" Mr. Kim asked, feigning surprise.

"In a way that suits you," Taehyung retorted coldly, his eyes narrowing.

"Don't even talk about what suits me... Sophie isn't going anywhere. I made it clear, she's Namjoon's secretary," Mr. Kim stated, trying to assert the power which he never own over taehyung.

Taehyung clenched his fist, his jaw tight as anger radiated off him. He could feel the tension coursing through his veins as he approached Mr. Kim, taking a seat in the chair next to him. He leaned in slightly, locking eyes with Mr. Kim, who instinctively blinked under the intensity of Taehyung's gaze. Taehyung could almost feel the older man's heartbeat quickening, he relished the power it gave him.

"No, she's not doing that job," Taehyung asserted, his voice constant.

"Do you think you have some sort of ownership over her?" Mr. Kim answered, his tone laced with skepticism. "First Sophie, then Jungkook, and now back to Sophie?"