30 : FAMILY???

Jungkook's eyes caught the sight of his father's words, his dad smiling warmly at him. His mother stepped forward, her eyes filled with an emotion that seemed to tug at his heart, while Jimin sat silently, offering Jungkook a soft, encouraging smile. Meanwhile, Kim Sara was already sensing that something wasn't quite right beneath the surface.

Without a word, his mother pulled him into a tight embrace, her voice trembling with affection, "Kook, my child, my baby." Tears welled up in Jungkook's eyes as his mother kissed him tenderly on his face, her lips brushing his forehead, cheeks, and even his chin, as if to ensure he was real and standing before her. "How are you?" she asked softly, her tone laced with a worry that only a mother could have.

"I'm fine, Mom. How are you?" Jungkook replied with a small, but reassuring smile, trying to hold back the surge of emotions rising within him. He didn't want to break down, not now.

Jimin stood up then, his smile widening as he approached his younger brother. Without hesitation, he wrapped his arms around Jungkook, holding him close. It was a simple gesture, but one that held a thousand unsaid words. Jungkook clung to him for a moment before pulling away gently, his feet feeling heavier as he took slow, deliberate steps toward his father.

Mr. Jeon, who had been watching from a distance, finally moved forward to meet his son halfway. Their eyes met, and for a moment, Jungkook hesitated, the words caught in his throat. "Dad..." he started, his voice barely a whisper.

But before he could say more, his father reached out, closing that emotional distance, and pulled Jungkook into a firm embrace. The action was unexpected, and for a second, Jungkook stiffened before melting into the hug, feeling the warmth and the weight of his father's affection that he had missed so deeply.

"son," Mr. Jeon whispered as he wrapped his arms tightly around Jungkook, pulling him into a warm, comforting embrace. Jungkook couldn't hold back anymore, tears streamed down his face as he hugged his father back, clutching onto him as if afraid to let go. In that moment, he realized that after all the time he had feared losing his family, they had finally accepted him back. The weight of that fear, the months of feeling lost and abandoned, all melted away as he held his father close. This, right here, was everything he had ever wanted—his family, whole again.

As Jungkook sat with his mother and father, J-Hope entered the then. He greeted everyone with his usual bright energy, but the moment his eyes met Mrs. Kim's, he noticed the worry etched on her face. She smiled at him briefly, but it was clear her mind was somewhere else, anxiously awaiting someone.

Even if they had arrived unannounced, Mrs. Kim couldn't turn them away. No matter what had happened between them, this was still Jungkook's family, and she could never refuse them, no matter how much bitterness lingered in her heart. When they walked in, saying they wanted to see Jungkook, that they missed him, she had no choice but to invite them in. Still, the words slipped out at that time, 'After all these months, suddenly now?' her voice laced with disbelief. But the only response she got was a simple excuse: 'We were just a little busy.'

Sitting there, Mrs. Kim tried to hide her unease as they spoke to Jungkook like no time had passed, like nothing had changed. The tension in the room was palpable, a delicate balance of politeness and old wounds. Then mr jeon said, buttering to jungkook "Jungkook, son, why don't you come home?"

Jungkook's eyes shifted to his father, confusion and hesitation staying across his face. The word home echoed in his mind. This house, Mrs. Kim's house, had been his refuge for so long. His heart tugged in different directions—towards the family he had once lost, and towards the people who had been there for him through it all.