21 : THE RETURN OF THE HEART.

The stranger's expression was gentle as he smiled warmly. "Careful, little boy, you could've hurt yourself," he said softly. Jungkook quickly stepped back, startled by the unexpected kindness. Before he could respond, Kihoo came running towards them, excitement lighting up his face.

"Sunshine uncle!" Kihoo exclaimed as he threw his tiny arms around the man's waist.

The person standing there was tall, his posture confident yet relaxed, and he was scanning the room with a calm but discerning gaze. His age wasn't as young as Taehyung's—perhaps slightly older—but it was clear from the way he carried himself that he was someone who had seen and experienced much. What caught Jungkook's attention, though, was the warmth radiating from his face. His smile—bright and genuine—was the kind that could light up any room. It was no wonder that Kihoo had called him Sunshine.

That smile was infectious, capable of easing tension in an instant, drawing people in without effort. His deep, expressive eyes seemed to speak even without words, conveying a sincerity that felt rare, a kindness that seemed to come naturally. There was a softness in the way he looked at them, a quiet empathy that made those around him feel safe, seen, and understood. It wasn't just a superficial charm—it was something deeper, more enduring. His presence alone seemed to fill the space with a light that was hard to ignore, as if simply being near him could chase away any shadows of doubt or sadness.

"Hey champ, how've you been?" J-Hope, replied with a cheerful grin, ruffling Kihoo's hair.

"Kihoo and Bunny are doing great!" Kihoo giggled, clapping his hands, eyes sparkling with joy.

"Bunny? Who's Bunny?" J-Hope asked, amused by the nickname.

Jungkook, forcing a small smile, answered, "That would be me." His smile didn't quite reach his eyes, though. Deep down, he was still hoping, still waiting for Taehyung. His gaze looked toward the door. He scanned every corner of the room, expecting to see him, praying for his presence. 'Two cars arrived, so why is there only one person here?' he thought.

"Oh, hey Bunny!" J-Hope chuckled, nodding at Jungkook with an easy grin. "Nice to meet you."

But before the moment could stretch on, Mrs. Kim walked over, teasingly tugging at J-Hope's ear. "Show some respect, will you? He's part of this family now. Taehyung won't be too happy if his partner isn't treated with respect."

The words hit Jungkook like a bittersweet reminder. Partner. The title didn't feel as real anymore. It felt distant, hollow—like the man he desperately yearned to see. He couldn't shake off the emptiness in his chest. Even though everyone here accepted him, supported him, it wasn't enough without Taehyung. 'Where are you?' his heart silently cried out, as if hoping somehow Taehyung could hear his plea.

"Ouch, Aunt, hold on, it hurts... first, stop pinching my ear!" J-Hope whined, wincing in pain as he clasps his hands together. Mrs. Kim eased her grip and they exchange warm hugs. "How is my sister?" Mrs Kim asked, turning to J-hope with a genuine smile.

"She's doing fine. By the way, tell me, is Taehyung married to him?" J-Hope said, glancing at Jungkook, who is busy playing with Kihoo.

"Yeah, why? He's my precious child," Mrs. Kim said with pure adoration in her voice as she looked at Jungkook.

"Oops, I'm late, i guess," J-Hope said with a playful grin.