𝟺

Once we got to the house, I quickly got out, entered the house and obeyed my fathers' order by waiting at the front door. I waited for a good ten minutes until I heard the door open. I played around with my fingers, not knowing what to do or what will happen. The first one to enter the house was Liz, to which she slapped me and then marched to her room. I received a slap from every one of them. I flinched when they would move their hand up, but I did not move an inch.

     As soon as my father slapped me, he told me to go into my room because he didn't want to see me. I ran to my room and locked the door. Breathing deeply and trying to calm my mind. After a few seconds had passed, I got rid of my clothing and put a white loose shirt and black leggings. I walked towards the remote to the TV and turned it on. I skimmed through the channels until I saw the background of the house where we went for the event.

     I noticed that the person speaking on camera was the same person who pointed out the bruise on my thigh. A few minutes passed of me watching the reporter. Starting to get bored, I reached for my control to turn it off, but right as I made the move to turn it off, something the reporter said caught my attention.

     "Now, I know I couldn't have been the only one who noticed that massive bruise on Lenas' thigh, right? That's too big for it to just be a "bump", as she so claims. Which brings me to the question, ladies and gentlemen. Is "Hollywoods' Perfect Family", really perfect?" The man looked straight to the screen seriously. "That's all for tonight. Stay tuned and goodnight."

     I gulped in fear in not knowing what my family might do to me if they saw the news. I hurriedly rushed to double check if I locked my door. To my relief, I did. But I had started to panic and bunched up my hair to the top of my head in fear and worry. I started running to my bed, and crawled underneath it.

     What felt like an eternity, was only minutes before I heard pounding on my door. I shook in fear and started tearing up. I then heard all my family's voices. Yelling at me and threatening me that if I didn't open the door right now, they would end my life.

     I debated for a second if I should open the door. Hoping that maybe if I opened it, it would ease the punishment from these people. But it was too late. The next thing I knew, my door came crashing down. I almost screamed at the noise, but held my hand over my mouth to not reveal where I was.