𝟽

Once I was out on the main road, I used all my force to get off my knees, almost falling back down while doing so. I couldn't walk straight and I felt so lightheaded. I didn't know what time it was, but I didn't care.

      I made my eyes adjust to the darkness of the night and walked down the road. I would stumble over a few pebbles and didn't know if I was going in the right direction, but I knew I was gone from that hell hole and I would walk miles if I had to.

     After a few hours, daylight was breaking. I knew my family had noticed I was gone by now, and I kept looking behind my shoulder in fear they will be looking for me and just kill me right there and then. I picked up my pace as much as I could.

     As a few trees cleared, I saw a police department. When I saw it, a weight in my heart was lifted and I felt lighter. I tripped due to not paying attention to where I was walking and I couldn't move my right knee. I yelped in pain, but with determination, I crawled to the station. The rocks left marks on my skin and sharp ones would cut me. But I didn't care. I was so close to being away from their grasp. I was gasping for air as my lungs were crushed but I continued on.

     I made myself get up as best as I could and I hobbled to the door. The loss of blood is catching up to me. Just as I was going to open the door, my body collapsed to the floor. I had no more energy in me. My body was giving up on me. I groaned in pain and just stayed still.

     I don't know how much time passed, but all of a sudden, I heard commotion all around me, and a part of me freaked out, thinking my family was among the sea of voices. I heard someone call out loudly "HER HEARTBEAT IS SPIKING, GET THE MORPHINE."

     I grabbed the person's arm as best as I could. I couldn't recognize their face but I knew they were going to help me. In a soft and almost non-existent voice, I said "Dont. Please no... Don't call my family. Please. Help me.." The last word slurring out as I lost consciousness.