𝟼

I noticed a dark figure looming behind my family. It seemed to be calling out to me. I recognized it as Death. It was coming to grant me my longing and comfort me from all this torture. Right before I passed out from the loss of blood, I was being pulled once more by my hair. Josh was dragging my body along the floor as I was brought to a room I'd never seen before. I was thrown inside and I heard the door lock from the outside.

     I curled myself up in the fetal position and cried silently. I cried my heart out for hours without end. I saw the dark figure pass through the locked door. I looked up with hope in my heart. Reaching out for it as best as I could in my condition. I was willing to accept my fate and die.

     The figure did not approach me any closer. Which made me cry out in frustration. I whispered softly "Why won't you take me?... I want to die, accept my soul and take me away from this. I can't endure this anymore. Please" I choked on my words, sobbing as I begged Death to take me.

     A low, deep and whispery voice answered "It is not yet your time, Lena. I sense your yearning for my comfort, and I will grant you it, but today is not the day."

I looked at him confused. "Please..I'm begging. Take me."

     "No. I shall grant you enough strength to seek help, though the journey will cause grave agony to you, you will endure it. You are strong, Lena. I shall see you again shortly. Farewell." The dark figure vanished into thin air. Making the tears run down my face even more.

     Just as the figure had said. I felt a surge of strength enter my body. My motivation to live and escape was building the adrenaline to course through my veins. My knees were still popped out the wrong way, so I took a deep breath in, and with all my might, I pushed the bone back in, yelling in discomfort. I did the same to the other knee. Biting my lip so I wouldn't attract my family to the room.

     Breathing in deeply and trying to muster up the rest of my energy, I slowly and painfully got up to my knees, looking at my surroundings. As I was observing the room, I noticed a window. It was fairly small, but big enough for a person to fit through comfortably. I wobbled my way towards the window.

     When I reached the window, I leaned my whole body against the wall, relieving some of the pressure on my knees. I carefully stretched my neck so that I would be able to peer out from the window. As I looked outside, I noticed how the window was so close to the ground, and I would be able to jump off without much impact being done. I started smiling. Maybe I could escape this hell hole..

     I turned around and tried seeing if there was anything I could break the window with. All there was, was simple furniture and a metal chair. I made my way to the metal chair. Grabbing it and allowing it to be a cane for me to walk back to the window. I ignored the agony in my flesh as I put the chair above my head and smashed it against the window.

     After a few hits, I was able to break it. I was almost free, I put the chair under me, and used it to climb to the window. I didn't care about the broken pieces of glass impaling my skin as I sat and dangled my feet. The fresh air almost knocked me out, but I loved it. I did a quick glance to see if my family was outside or near. I looked back at the door, and jumped from the window.

     When I landed, the pressure from the ground and my broken bones caused me to fall on all four and cry out. I put my hand over my mouth in a rush and looked around to see if anyone heard that or was coming. When I heard nothing, I put my hand down, and started crawling out of the property.