𝟾

I don't know what happened next, but the next time I opened my eyes, I was in a bright room. My heart rate sped up, thinking I was back in the room my brother threw me in. A nurse rushed in and calmed me down "It's okay, love. It's okay. You're safe here, don't worry" She pet my hair and hugged me.

     I broke down crying and hugged her back. Gripping unto her sleeves as I sobbed my heart out.

     Once my crying calmed down, the nurse has a sad expression on her. She pet my hair and mumbled softly "Oh dear.. I don't know what happened to you, but I'm so sorry"

     I sniffled and tried regaining my composure. I looked at her. "My family. No one called them, right?" I said in a shaky voice.

     The nurse shocked her head no. "You requested not too, and we noticed how your blood pressure and your heart rate would go in an abnormal state when mentioning them. Although Police and detectives are here, Lena."

     My breathing went back to normal after I confirmed I was safe. I nodded my head slowly "I'd like to talk to the Authorities, if it's possible please.."

     The nurse smiled softly. "Of course dear." As she started to leave the room, I called out to her. "By the way. How long was I out for?"

     She looked at the charts and replied "Around 2 days now. You had to have surgeries and needed urgent attending too. Your whole family is all the news. They are filled with questions."

"Oh.. I see. Thank you, Ms." My gaze followed the nurse as she left the room.

     I looked up to the ceiling of the hospital room and then looked at my body. I was covered with tubes, needles, bandage wrapping and a few casts. I sighed deeply. Trying to clear my mind and get rid of the events that happened.

     A few moments passed by before two police men and a detective came into my room. The nurse followed behind. They sat down on the chairs that were presented in the room and looked at each other before looking at me with pity at the state of myself.

     The detective cleared his throat and spoke first. "Ms. Lena, as you are aware, you collapse in front of the Police department. You were with cuts, broken bones, alcohol poured on you and bruises. Do you confirm this?"

     I teared up and my voice broke "Y-yes. I confirm it"

     He inhaled sharply and took a minute before saying "Would you give consent to sharing all information and who did this to you and why?"

     I took a deep breath in, blinking away the memories. And I told them everything.