𝟿

I was informed the day after I told the detective and the policemen that my parents and siblings were arrested, but that I would need to testify against them in court in order for them to be locked away for a long time. I just was silent, but knew I had to face my fears and that people needed to be made aware of what happened to me.

     As the days turned into weeks, I was still recovering and in the hospital, but I was writing my testification and getting evidence of the harm they caused me. Pictures of my body were taken, along with test results and my chart. Two police men were always outside my room door, to ensure my safety that my family wouldn't make any calls to come kill me.

     The weeks turned into a month, and I found myself standing in court. In front of a judge, facing my family from the stand. Reporters from all over the world were there. All live streaming this event. And talking about it. When the judge told the people to sit, he granted me permission to speak my case.

     Taking a breath and clearing my mind, I spoke about the abuse. The mental, emotion and physical abuse. I told them everything my family did to me in detail. Not leaving one thing out. I was able to retrieve footage of some beatings that I had to endure, due to the cameras that were inside my house.

     The whole court meeting took more than 10 hours. From my lawyer calling my family guilty of abuse, neglect, death threats and attempted murder, to my family's lawyer saying that I'm staging this all to make money off my family since I am not part of their success.

     In the end though, my family was proven guilty due to the evidence shown, and the Judge sentenced them 15 years to life in prison. I was granted all my family fortune and all their properties were passed down to me.

     The reporters went ballistic and were roaring with surprise. Some were upset about them going to jail, some were just here for the storyline and some were more than happy that their crimes were brought to light.