Untitled Part 17

Belly POV

Jeremiah said let's have dinner, I wasn't sure if that meant we would be going out to eat or if we were having dinner at the beach house. I spent most of the day cooking, with high hopes that he would be impressed with how much I've learned to cook. I decided on chicken alfredo, garlic bread, and tiramisu from scratch. I'd cooked this meal maybe a million times for Conrad and the girls, but this was Jere. My Jere. I wanted to impress him, I know he would say I don't have to try to impress him. That's one of the best parts about Jere.

I was stirring in my sauce when I heard the front door open. I'm not surprised Jere used his key, but I'm surprised he's early. I figured it would be a late dinner because I know he was working today. I heard his footsteps and my stomach tightened with anticipation to see him, I even put on my lavender summer dress I've had for years, one I know he likes particularly.

I placed the spoon on the rest, whipping my apron off in a frenzy and trying to straighten out my dress. That's when he walked in, my Jere. His hair was messy and perfect like always, his blue eyes bright like the ocean outside the windows. His skin had that glow, like a Greek god and his white polo with kaki pants made it impossible to look away from him. He was perfection.

"Hey," He said awkwardly. He was holding a bottle of wine in his hands. "I brought refreshments."

"That's perfect," I breathed. All I wanted to do was look at him, who could be hungry when someone like Jeremiah fisher was around. He smirked, like he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"It smells amazing in here," He said with deepened grin. "Italian?"

"Yes."

"My favorite."

"I know."

He chuckled. "I'll set the table."

"I already did that." I shrugged. 

"What can I do?" He asked with raised brow. 

I licked my lips, heart pounding. "Me."

______________________________________

BELLY! What...