1-10

Chapter 1: Awakening from a Car Accident
June, midsummer.

The cicadas in the hospital yard seemed to be more active than in other places, and their chirping could not keep people awake even in their sleep.

Ye Zhixia had a very long dream. It seemed like a lifetime had passed. When she woke up, she felt a sense of powerlessness as if she had gone through so much.

In the dream, she made many efforts to face the torrent of fate, and finally died in a dirty and smelly doghouse holding her daughter.

That feeling...

Taking a deep breath, the white sunshade curtains were blown up by the breeze, bringing a little coolness. Ye Zhixia felt a little clearer, but he didn't move. He carefully digested the details in the dream that should not be forgotten.

"They shouldn't be here yet. We're here too early. Daliang, do you think they can really afford to pay that much? If they run away, who will pay this damn girl so much for medical treatment?"

"Okay, mom, stop talking for now. What if someone overhears? I specifically asked around. They paid a thousand yuan to send my little sister here. They were able to send her to the hospital, so they definitely don't need this little money."

The door was opened, and the voices of Ye Zhixia's mother and elder brother gradually became clearer.

Mother Qian Suyun was still muttering that she would take Ye Zhixia back home as soon as she got the extorted money so that she could collect the hospital's advance payment, when she suddenly tripped and fell down.

Ye Zhixia felt sore all over and had no strength to move. She opened her eyes a little and could see that Ye Daliang was clearly right next to her. He could have just raised his hand, but he watched Qian Suyun fall.

Qian Suyun cursed, turned around and pulled the dusty little girl behind her, raised her hand and slapped her:

"You little bastard! Are you the one who caused me trouble?"

How could the child understand all that? He was already afraid, and after getting slapped in the face, he started crying with his mouth pouted.

Qian Suyun wanted to curse, but Ye Daliang stopped her: "People are coming, cry!"

Ye Daliang did not mean to not help her, but he saw someone coming in the corridor out of the corner of his eye. When he saw his mother fall flat on her face, he immediately thought of the plan of inflicting pain on her.

Qian Suyun was Ye Daliang’s biological mother after all. When she realized what was happening, she immediately slapped her thigh and burst into tears.

"My dearest lover! How can I live like this? How can you be so cruel to leave us? How can I live with your daughter? Yaoyao! Yaoyao, look at your mother! What can you expect in the future?"

Then came the sharp cry of a child, like a whistle. Ye Zhixia almost jumped up from the bed, because she clearly saw Qian Suyun pinching her daughter's waist hard!

But before she could say anything to stop him, she heard Yaoyao's scream followed by crying.

"Grandma, don't pinch me! I'll be good and obedient! It hurts! Mom!"

Qian Suyun was so angry that she covered Yaoyao's mouth. But at this time, several people had gathered at the door. The leading young man was wearing a suit that he had only seen in the newspaper. His hair was combed meticulously. He was frowning as he watched a farce in the ward.

The good plan of self-torture was ruined by the child's outspokenness.

Ye Zhixia also calmed down. She was no longer in a hurry to get up. Instead, she wanted to see what else her so-called mother and brother could come up with.