11-20

Chapter 11 Engagement
Lin Chixiao lied without thinking while he was on the phone, but Ye Zhixia understood that he was solving the problem while explaining the situation to her.

The person on the other end of the phone was a little incredulous: "Is there some misunderstanding?"

Lin Chixiao sighed in embarrassment, and Old Qiu also sighed: "Forget it, no matter what, she doesn't know how to restrain herself. I'll ask her later and ask her to apologize to that female comrade!"

Elder Qiu defined the situation, and Lin Chixiao was trying to make up for it when he spoke: "Maybe there really is some misunderstanding. Maybe Miss Luo is kind-hearted. You know the tone of her voice. People who are familiar with her will know that she has no ill intentions and will even find her cute. But people from the village are all inferior and can't understand those elegant words and sentences. They will think they are being embarrassed."

There was something else behind these words, and Mr. Qiu seemed to understand it.

"Don't say anything careless. Although things are not as bad as before, it's not good to be accused of looking down on simple people. Forget it, I can see that you prefer the steady and honest type. Then you keep going. If the lady agrees, I'll go to the wedding. If not, I'll introduce you to someone else."

"That's all thanks to you for caring about it."

After the call was hung up, Lin Chixiao breathed a sigh of relief, his tense back relaxed a little, and then he looked at Ye Zhixia for help.

"Are you satisfied?"

Ye Zhixia wanted to make a sarcastic remark, but felt it was meaningless.

Thinking about what Luo Weiwei said, he asked, "So, you want to marry me to avoid the marriage arranged by your elders? You can't avoid it except by marrying me?"

Lin Chixiao did not deny: "If this makes you feel uncomfortable, I apologize."

As mentioned before, Lin Chixiao himself had made up his mind not to get married for the rest of his life. But Luo Weiwei used Elder Qiu and even more means to force Lin Chixiao to marry her.

This forced Lin Chixiao to set his sights on Ye Zhixia, who was clean in every way.

Seeing that he was about to speak, Ye Zhixia said first: "Then let's get the certificate."

Lin Chixiao:?

Ye Zhixia was very pleased with his surprise and said carefully, "Actually, I am also a non-marriage advocate."

This is a new word in the original text, but I believe Lin Chixiao can understand it.

"But like you said, I am not opposed to giving the children a complete family. Our marriage is the best way to avoid harming the children. On the other hand, I also want to move my household registration out of that home. You should have a general understanding of my family and know how difficult it is."

Ye Zhixia had thought about this before she left, but relationships are very important in rural areas. As long as the Ye family doesn't agree to let her move out, not only will the village committee not give her a letter of introduction, the township will not easily give her a household registration.

I had originally planned to wait a few years before doing this, but now it can be put on the agenda.

"Relocate your household registration..." Lin Chixiao thought for a moment, "There's no rush. Give me some time, I'll finish my recent work, and I'll handle the matter over there in one go."

Ye Zhixia smiled and said, "Indeed, as a father, you should personally seek justice for your daughter."

The malicious exchange two years ago and the many harsh treatments of Yaoyao in the past two years could not be repaid by Ye Zhixia's dirty water. It's just that there is no time now.