12.

Do you wanna teach me how to do makeup?
You don't need it,
————————————————

Audrey and Ben ended up staying the night, trying to teach Jules to read.

'Okay, Lia what letter is this?' Audrey said, holding up a mini chalkboard with the letter E on it.

'F?' Jules replied, squinting at the board. Audrey frowned at the chalkboard, sighing before telling Jules to 'try again' but Jules just stared at her, folding her lips together with no guesses left.

'Seriously? It's an E Lia,' Audrey raised her eyebrows, her and Ben had been trying to teach her for at least half an hour now.

'It's not my fault your E looks stupid!' Jules defended, tired of feeling hopeless whilst Audrey released a gasp in offence. However before Audrey could come up with a comeback, both girls turned at the sound of a laugh.

'Your E does look pretty stupid,' Ben chuckled, as he played around with a strand of his hair, elbow resting on the armchair.

'Fine. Why don't you write then, huh?' Audrey scoffed, practically throwing the board at him growing more agitated as she watched him catch it. She rolled her eyes as she watched Ben sit up straight, grabbing the chalk.

'Alright, so this is an E correct?' He asked Jules as he held the board up for her after fixing Audrey's awful handwriting.

'Mhm,' Jules mumbled, staring intently at the board.

Ben turned the board back to him so he could write on it, 'So what sound does it make if I did this...' he trailed of slightly as his tongue poked out the corner of his mouth and he turned the board back to face her.

'E?' Jules guessed, sounding unsure as she looked at the pair of Es he'd written down.

'Yea! Good job Annie, be more confident in yourself,' he encouraged, picking up on her hesitance.

Ben turned the board around, erasing the second E and replacing it with an A, 'How about now?' he asked as he, once again, flipped the board around to face her.

'...E,' Jules tried to sound more confident in her answer but she certainly didn't feel anymore confident, 'Wait, no eh,' she fumbled to correct herself but frowned as she wasn't too sure which one was right.

Ben smiled at her, 'They're both right,' he raised his hand for a high five but she just looked at it before Audrey grabbed her wrist and lifted it up, forcing her to high five him.

'Okay, last one, we'll carry on tomorrow.' he rapidly wrote on the chalkboard, holding it up for her.

'Uh, E...I,' Jules spoke quietly to herself trying to decide on what the correct pronunciation was before settling on, 'I?'

Jules began to panic slightly when she saw Bens face wasn't changing at all, before he broke out into a warm smile and began clapping for her. She let out a proud laugh turning to Audrey with her arms held up in excitement.

They hadn't got as far as they'd hoped with the girls reading abilities but they were proud of her nonetheless.

***

When Jules opened her eyes she let out a startled scream as she came face to face with Audrey, she quickly turned away, overestimating how much room she had left on the bed as she felt herself rolling onto the floor.

'Jesus Lia, why are you screaming?' Audrey mumbled, tiredly rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand before letting out a small yawn.

Jules rubbed her head that was now aching slightly from the impact of her fall as she sat up on the floor, 'Oh thanks, I'm okay, don't worry about me!' she rolled her eyes, 'You have all that space on the other side why are you using me as a personal pillow.'