Welcome to the Hall of Justice

Once they left The Daily Planet, after promising Jimmy, Lois and Stormquill that they would be careful, Mystery Incorporated and their pony pals set off for the Hall of Justice.

Along the route, Zipp had an idea of what they could do to help Metropolis and potentially solve the mystery faster, and took out their manesquerade ball masks and handed them out. "Zipp, I loved our outfits from the ball," said Pipp, clearly confused, "but is this really the right time?"

"You're forgetting something, sis. These aren't JUST our manesquerade masks," Zipp reminded. "They also hid our identities when we were the Unity Squad!"

"Oh, right! And after Ivory Justice enchanted them with her magic, they gave us our superpowers!" Sunny recalled. "Great idea to have them on hoof, Zipp!"

"I just hope you guys won't have to use them all that much," Daphne frowned. "Last time we faced supervillains, a portal nearly destroyed half of Gotham!"

"Don't worry... we've learned since then," Zipp winked. "I'm sure whatever we face, we can handle it together."

XXXXXXXX

After a few more minutes of driving, the Mystery Machine pulled up beside the Hall of Justice, but what they were expecting and what they saw were two totally different things.

The whole building looked abandoned, with police tape swaying in the wind, graffiti was all over the walls and some of the windows were cracked. "Yeesh..." Sunny muttered. "You think you would show the heroes of Metropolis a little more respect."

"And in our line of work... it's definitely haunted!" Scooby yelped, scrambling to the back seat and hugging Shaggy, both not wanting to go inside. Daphne sighed from the front seat. "I know. There's no way you two are stepping out of the van for less than five Scooby Snacks," she told the boys. "But I told you, we're all out of--"

But when she and the pups turned toward the back seat, Shaggy and Scooby were gone. "Guys?" Misty called before Velma pointed ahead. And when the gang looked in that direction, they saw their friends in front of a food truck that read 'Challenge of the Super Fries', panting excitedly. "Wow, heh..." Daphne chuckled, getting out another Scooby Snacks box from out of nowhere. "And I was bluffing."

"But, at least they got out for something," Zipp shrugged. "Hitch, Sparky and I are gonna go help Daphne and Fred find a place to park, and we'll meet up with you later."

"See ya!" Izzy said as the others got out of the Mystery Machine before it drove off, just as the food truck lady spoke to Shaggy and Scooby, gesturing to a stack of tickets on the table next to them. "Mark what you want on the tickets."

"Excuse us, ma'am. We're investigating the disappearance of the Justice League," Sunny told her politely. "Those no-good do-gooders?" the food truck lady scoffed. "They could stay disappeared, as far as I'm concerned."

"What's wrong with them?" Velma pondered as she came to Sunny's right side. "What? Never heard a bad word spoke about them heroes?" Helen grouched. "For years I wanted their permission to park my truck here outside their HQ."

Izzy, Scooby and Shaggy giggled to themselves excitedly while Misty and Pipp watched them write a whole bunch of orders on a whole bunch of order tickets... too many tickets for one person. "I hope you got more of these," Shaggy grinned. "Oh yeah," said Izzy. "Cause I think we're gonna be chowing down for a while!"

"Lots of hungry tourists traipse past here everyday. But the league said it 'weren't safe'. They said we was trying to keep the sightseers away," Helen continued with a scoff. "Imagine how they'd feel about the mayor's fancy new tour groups."

"Tour groups?" Velma asked, and the woman pointed behind them to see a group of people wandering toward the Hall of Justice. "They're probably the ones that phantom's been scaring off," Misty supposed. "I should thank him, though," the woman went on. "They run right past my truck, and, boy, does all that screaming work up an appetite!"