Secrets Revealed/The Final Battle Begins

The Mystery Incorporated crew, the Mane 6, Sparky, Krypto and Tempest Nova climbed out of the crystal cave and back to the control room, letting the door behind them close.

Luckily, Tempest was beginning to figure out that she could use the necklace to change between her normal form and her superhero form, so Lex Luthor wouldn’t suspect anything when he returned.

When he did return, everyone was sitting at the table, looking at him expectantly. “Yes, I got lost again!” he groaned as he and Rex approached the table. “And before anyone makes jokes, I'll remind you, I have a wristwatch-disintegrator.”

“You're very good with science and technology, aren't you, Luthor?” Fred asked with a smirk, and Lex immediately got up in Fred’s face. “How do I put this so you'll understand…? Golly, gee, Fred, you betcha! Jimpies!”

“Uh… it’s jinkies?” Tempest spoke up. “Velma says ‘jinkies’.”

“Do I look like I care? Now, up, up, up,” Lex shoved Tempest out of her chair and onto the floor, making Misty, Scooby and Krypto glare at him as he sat down. “All right, what's the plan? Are we building a trap, or not? My driver is missing! Look how upset I am.”

Pipp looked at Lex’s emotionless face and leaned in close to talk to her sister. “Gee… I’m so moved…”

“Shh!” Zipp silenced her sister so they wouldn’t ruin the plan. “Oh, there’s no need for a trap,” Daphne told Lex. “Krypto figured it all out.”

Krypto barked excitedly and panted as Velma took the opportunity to explain. “The Justice League was called away for an emergency. That's all.”

“But…” Lex protested, “what about the phantoms?”

“...swamp gas,” Scooby shrugged innocently, causing Misty and Tempest to nod. This caused Lex to growl in anger and slap a chair away in frustration. “Swamp gas?!” he shrieked, causing Tempest to shriek. “That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! And I’ve seen Superman: The Musical.”

“Turns out,” said Zipp, “there’s no mystery here. Just a big misunderstanding.”

“So they won't be able to sell you the Hall of Justice after all. It's safe for tourists to come back,” said Daphne. “In fact,” said Sunny, pulling out her phone, “Mayor Fleming's on her way with a group now. Let's go!”

The group immediately left the room, and after they started walking for a short while (or flying, in Krypto, Pipp and Zipp’s case), Lex followed them, having just got off the phone with someone. “I just got off the phone with Fleming. She didn't say anything about this!” he said angrily. “What about Mercy and Grundy?”

“Oh, they’ll turn up,” Daphne shrugged. “They probably just got lost,” said Shaggy, “just like you did.”

Izzy stifled a laugh at this. “Nice one, Shaggers!”

However, Lex and Rex walked after them, Lex asking more and more questions. “This makes no sense. What about the food truck lady? And the valet?”

“Actually, their stories all checked out,” Hitch said. “As sheriff, I have the ability to run a background check like nopony’s business.”

“Well,” Lex huffed, “I would have liked to be consulted.”

“Well, golly gee, Lex,” Fred imitated the former’s earlier tone. “You’re not really part of the gang, are you?”

“Not like me,” Tempest winked. “Now, me and my NEW FRIENDS are going to be in the lobby and facing our adoring public.”

Lex was just about to fire a laser from his wristwatch when he suddenly stopped himself, remembering to keep his calm demeanor.