☹︎ | Gut Feeling.

"you remember the start of this, all of this was your fault."

The British household was quiet and calm, not with B.E, but with Britain. he cared for all of his children, too many children, honestly. Although most of them had moved out to live with their tribe on the other side of North America.

His newest child was Powhatan, a beautiful little girl with curly blonde hair. She was definitely a daddy's girl, as she would cling onto Britain and would start crying if he wasn't around.

May 13, 1607.

Britain was having his usual morning. Wake up to Powhatan crying at 5 in the morning, let her cling onto him for 3 hours straight, Powhatan falls asleep, and he then makes himself breakfast. As he was eating, he.. felt something. Something strange. His stomach twisted as he thought about it more. He just knew something bad was gonna happen that day.

ugh, it's probably just my gut feeling being dumb. Maybe some fresh air could help. he thought.

He went outside to get some fresh air, but he still felt weird. He was shaking, his vision seemed to get fuzzy, and he was most of all worried about his kids safety for some reason. He sat down on the sand, watching the waves come close to him, then subside. This calmed him down a bit, but there was still just this sinking feeling in his stomach that something bad was bound to happen that day.

He then heard something. The water seemed to get more frantic. He then saw something. Multiple shadows approaching them. The shadows looked large. He then realized that..

his gut feeling was right.

He got up and scurried to the house. He ran to Powhatan's crib and stood there, staring at the peacefully sleeping baby. He stood there crying.

He regained himself and looked out the window sullenly. He realized something. Something so much worse than what he had perceived at first.

the British Empire was coming.

Britain now knew that his children would die and he would die. He just stood at the window in shock as the ships got closer and closer.

note: this part of the story is canon in my actual au, and not just limited to this au. Just so y'all know ^^

word count: 386