Chapter VII - The Price Of Silence

The weeks following the party were a whirlwind of emotions. Siyeon and I could not stop texting, calling, or sharing silly, sweet messages despite the distance created by her busy tour schedule. It was like we'd been pulled into a bubble of happiness, and I found myself constantly smiling, even during the most mundane tasks.

Singie - "Miss me yet?" 

She'd text, usually followed by some over-the-top heart emojis.

"Of course, I could never not miss you." 

I'd reply, teasing her with exaggerated pouting selfies. We were ridiculous, and I loved every second of it. Each time my phone buzzed, my heart leaped, knowing it was her. But then, one day, everything changed.

My phone buzzed with a text that wasn't from Siyeon. The private number on the screen made my blood run cold for some reason. I hesitated, a sense of dread creeping over me as I opened the message. What I saw made my heart drop into my stomach.

They were explicit pictures of Siyeon... Images of her nude body... Some were candid, some she was posing in... She'd likely forgotten even existed. The caption beneath them was simple, and it made my blood boil: "End it with her, or these go public."  That fucking brat Seomin...

I sat there, staring at the screen, my hands trembling. How could she do this to her? To us? I knew what I had to do, but it tore me apart inside.

There was no way I could let Seomin follow through with her threat. Siyeon's career, her privacy, her entire life would be destroyed. And yet, I couldn't tell her. If she knew, she'd be devastated—maybe even worse off if she tried to confront her herself.

That night, I called her like usual, but my voice lacked its usual warmth. I could hear the concern in her tone as she asked if I was okay, but I forced a smile she couldn't see. "I'm fine, just tired," I lied.

I knew I had to end things, and it was the hardest decision I'd ever made. The next day, I sent her a message, keeping it as cold and distant as I could manage, even though it felt like stabbing myself in the heart.

"Siyeon, I can't do this anymore. I think we rushed into things, and I need space. Please don't contact me again."

As soon as I hit send, I wanted to take it back, but it was too late. I turned off my phone, unable to bear the thought of seeing her response. The thought of hurting her this way was unbearable, but I knew it was the only way to keep her safe.

Days passed in a blur of regret and guilt. My mind kept replaying our conversations, her laughter, the kiss we'd shared at the party. I missed her so much it hurt, but I knew I had no choice. I had to protect her, even if it meant losing her forever.