Chapter V - Behind The Spotlight

It had been a couple of months since our heartfelt conversation at the restaurant. Siyeon and I had grown a lot closer, and she had become much more open about her work life. We had managed to find a balance, and things between us felt more grounded and genuine.

One afternoon, as I was wrapping up work, I received an unexpected text from Siyeon. It was an invitation to her upcoming concert that weekend, complete with VIP access.

Singie"Hey sugar, I'd love for you to come to our concert this week-end. I've got VIP passes for you ;)) It's going to be an amazing show, and I'd be thrilled to have you there <3"

My heart raced with excitement. I had never been to a concert before, let alone one featuring someone I cared about deeply. I quickly texted back, accepting her invitation and expressing how excited I was.

On the day of the concert, I arrived at the venue with a mix of nerves and anticipation. The energy outside was electric, with fans, or as she calls them, InSomnias, eagerly waiting for the doors to open. I made my way through the VIP entrance, where I was greeted by a staff member who led me to the exclusive lounge area.

When Siyeon spotted me from the side of the stage, her face lit up with a bright smile. She walked over and gave me a quick hug, looking radiant in her stage outfit.

"I'm so glad you could make it!" she said, her eyes sparkling. "I hope you're excited."

"Are you kidding me? Of course I am...!" I replied, taking in the vibrant atmosphere. "This is incredible. I've... never been to a concert before.." I looked around me.

Siyeon laughed, her enthusiasm contagious. "You're in for a treat then. Come on, I'll introduce you to some of the other members of my group before the show starts."

Before I could say anything, she led me to a private area backstage where I was introduced to the three members of her group, Kim Min-Ji, Kim Bo Ra, and Lee Gahyun. They were friendly and welcoming, making me feel at ease. We chatted for a bit, and they shared some funny behind-the-scenes stories. I was impressed by how down-to-earth they all were, despite their fame.

As the concert began, I was escorted to my VIP seat, which had an excellent view of the stage, and an excellent view of Siyeon.

 The lights dimmed, and the crowd erupted in cheers as Siyeon and her group appeared on stage. The energy was palpable, and I was amazed by the sheer scale of the performance. The music, the lights, and the choreography all came together in a mesmerizing display. 

Throughout the concert, I couldn't take my eyes off Siyeon. She was incredible, performing with a confidence and grace that left me in awe. I was overwhelmed with pride and admiration as I watched her command the stage, completely in her element. She was not the shy and coy Siyeon I met a few months ago.

During a brief intermission, Siyeon found a moment to come over to where I was seated. She looked exhilarated and slightly out of breath.

"Are you enjoying the show?" she asked, her eyes sparkling.

"It's freaking amazing," I said, grinning. "I had no idea what to expect, but this is beyond anything I could have imagined."

Siyeon's smile widened, and she took my hand for a brief moment. "I'm so glad you're here. It means a lot to me." She kissed my cheek and went up the stage one more time. "This girl..." I thought to myself.

After the concert, Siyeon introduced me to her group again, this time in a more relaxed setting, and with the rest of the group. We chatted and took photos together, and the evening ended with a small celebration backstage. Siyeon looked happy and content, and I could see how much she loved performing and sharing her passion with others. 

As I left the venue that night, I felt a deep sense of appreciation for her and her world. The concert had been a revelation, and I was grateful for the chance to see her in action. Our relationship had come a long way, and I felt more connected to her than ever.

"Jiwon-ah! Hold on!" Siyeon yelled from far away. I turned back to see what she wanted. "Do you think you could come to a nearby bar with me, Min-Ji and Bo Ra?" She suggested, catching her breath. I agreed, as I didn't have anything important the next day.

The atmosphere was lively and relaxed, a stark contrast to the high-energy performance I had just witnessed. We laughed and shared stories along the way, enjoying each other's company in a more informal setting.

As we arrived at the bar, we each ordered a few rounds of drinks, and began drinking. Siyeon's bandmates were friendly and down-to-earth, and the conversation flowed easily. 

I felt welcomed and part of the group, which was a nice change from the formality of the concert. As the evening progressed, the group's laughter and camaraderie created a warm and enjoyable atmosphere.

Around midnight, as the bar began to wind down, Siyeon and I decided it was time to head out. The band members were still in high spirits, and Siyeon suggested they stay a bit longer.

"I'm going to take Jiwon home now," Siyeon said with a smile. "You girls enjoy the rest of the night, and be good!" I smiled at her, as she held my arm.

After a few more rounds of goodbyes and promises to catch up soon, Siyeon and I left the bar. The night air was cool and refreshing, and we walked to my place, our conversation light and easy.

When we arrived at my apartment, Siyeon led me inside. She offered to make us some tea, as I was too wasted to make my own, and we settled into the living room, relaxing after the eventful evening. 

"I'm really glad you could be here tonight," Siyeon said, pouring two cups of tea. "It meant a lot to me to have you see me perform..."

"Yeaah, I'm glad I could be here too.." I replied, taking the cup she handed me with tired eyes. "It was an amazing experience. You were incredible... like, reeally fucking amazing.."

Siyeon let out a few chuckles at my drunk comments, as she sat down next to me on the couch. "Thank you. I'm happy you enjoyed it. It's nice to share this side of my life with you, Jiwon.."

As the night went on, the conversation grew quieter, and we found ourselves sitting closer on the couch. There was a tender moment where our faces were close, her bare thighs were on top of mine, and I could feel the intimacy of the evening settling in.

Siyeon gently reached out and took my hand, her touch reassuring and affectionate, and placed it on her thigh. We shared a look that conveyed unspoken feelings, and the moment felt right. However, rather than leaning in for a kiss, we simply held each other's gaze, savoring the closeness and the comfort of the evening. 

"Jesus... You could really drown in those eyes..." I said, with a quiet tone, admiring her beauty. She quickly laughed it off and started getting ready to leave.

"Hey.. no! Please stay.. Singie...~" I said in a sad voice. "I had other plans in mind... I'm sure you did too!" To that, she brought her lips near my ear and whispered.

"I did too, until someone decided to get wasted." 

Before I could protest, she quickly said her goodbyes, promising to see me soon. I felt a deep sense of contentment. This night had been a beautiful blend of new experiences and emotional connections, I was grateful for the chance to be a part of Siyeon's world in such way.