Chapter Fourteen

Leviathan watched, tears pricking his eyes as his mother began to feed on one of the most important creatures that he'd met this far in his lifetime. A red glow illuminated Lilith's horn, trailing down in a ribbon of red magic until it touched the tip of Irradiance's horn, which was glowing a deep purple color.

Red Changelings from his hive fed off of his mother's gift; she would absorb the magic out of creatures and then transform it into smaller orbs of magic, of which each guard would get one helping each month. It could satiate them for a while, depending on the creature. As Leviathan watched Irradiance struggle to hold his own, the Changeling could only imagine how long this magic would tide the hive over for. He couldn't tear his eyes away, tears streaming down his cheeks in silent sobs.

"Oh, you're positively delicious!" Lilith cooed, eyes rolling as she took in Irradiance's magic, the point where their magic intertwined now a deep magenta rather than red or purple. "I may just drain you where you stand right now!"

"No, Mother!" Leviathan protested, but Irradiance shook his head, pulling the prince's attention toward the shorter stallion.

"No, Leviathan..." He managed, gasping through the process. Leviathan could swear his magic was growing brighter, "It's okay. Don't worry about me!" Irradiance's eyes were screwed shut as he focused his energy on his horn, the dark purple crystals absolutely shining under the light of two magic sources. Leviathan thought it was beautiful.

"Oh, how sweet! You should really venture over to Chrysalis's old hive if you truly hold this much love in your body, darling!" Lilith called to her son. "I refuse to hold a loving Changeling in my ranks any longer. Abbadon will make a better heir than you ever would."

"Shut up," Irradiance grumbled, voice sounding awfully strained. Lilith scoffed in shock, smiling as she looked at the purple stallion.

"What was that?" Her magic glowed brighter and Irradiance struggled to stay standing.

"I said... shut up. Don't talk to him like that," The deep purple magic emanating from his horn began to grow green around the edges, almost glitching as it grew deeper and deeper in color. It was almost scary.

Lilith's expression faltered for only a second before she steadied herself, taking a step forward and hitting Irradiance with a harsher beam of magic. "Do you think you have the power here? Tell me again, who's draining who, pony?"

Irradiance, holding back what seemed to be groans of pain, slowly opened his eyes to reveal purely white eyes glaring up at Lilith. Or at least, Leviathan imagined that's where he was looking. It was hard to tell with no pupils to go off.

"What?!" Lilith shifted uncomfortably as the stream of magic slowly began to retreat, now turning deep purple as it traveled from Irradiance's horn to Lilith's. "What are you doing!?" She shouted, confused and angry at the slow shift in power. Irradiance laughed shakily, taking a step forward, groaning as he did so.

"You said it yourself... my magic is infinite, or whatever," He breathed heavily through each fragment of a sentence and Leviathan felt his tears stop flowing as he realized that the stallion was gaining control of the situation, "That means... even if you do drain my magic... there's always going to be more to take its place!" The green glow got brighter around the deep purple magic, black lightning began to flicker around Irradiance's horn. Leviathan swore his hooves were glowing, now, too, but that could've been a trick of the light.

"What are you going on about?" Lilith panicked, taking steps backward as she tried to gain control with her magic, attempting to send more red magic toward the stallion, but it was no use. She was quickly becoming victim to bright purple attacking her horn, overwhelming her with the amount of magic that she was absorbing. "Stop! What is this?!"