Chapter 3: To Save A Shooting Star.

Samael's POV

"Sera, what's wrong?"

He asked, standing up to only get in front of Lailah.

Sera: I have been looking everywhere for you. This won't happen again! As for you, Prince Samael. I will need to speak with you after I take her back.

Sera lowers down to grab Lailah by the arm... Lailah tries to hold onto Samael's robe but Sera having to pull the young angel a bit forcefully! Dragging her but Lailah didn't want to leave!... Lailah's eyes became glossy with tears.

"Samael! Nooo!"

Samael watched helplessly as Lailah was taken from him, his heart sinking at her cries for help.

"Wait! Sera, please don't-"

He tried desperately to interfere.

Sera: No... We're going to have a talk after this.

She makes her statement clear and drags Lailah out of the palace. Her cries were echoed till they became faint.... Making the young Prince Samael upset with hot tears forming... The sound of Lailah's fading voice left him silent, tears finally escaping down his cheeks. He gripped at his hair, frustrated and heartbroken. In that moment, he felt... hurt.

"It's not fair!"

After an hour... Sera returned and looked at Prince Samael... Placing her hand on the back of the prince's back as they took a stroll out of the kitchen and to the empty palace hallways but Sera didn't seem to be happy...

Sera: Explain. What and how did she get here?

Her tone was strict and firm, something Prince Samael really doesn't like... He hates confrontation to one of the Elder Seraphims and Sera being his teacher...

"Erm...well, I found her wandering around the palace. She seemed lost and alone, so I decided to take care of her for a bit..."

He replied sheepishly, avoiding meeting Sera's glare.

"I didn't mean any harm, I promise!"

Sera: Well. I'm afraid to forbid you to ever seeing her. She shouldn't have come and see you.

Sera said but Samael felt hurt. Looking at his teacher in disbelief! How... Why?... He doesn't want to stop seeing Lailah! He wants to be there for her and teach her things.. From what Lailah said about Sera being strict and prohibiting her from seeing Heaven let alone how Lailah acted when Sera came to the room...

"But Sera, she was so sad and scared before! She has nowhere else to go..."

He pleaded, hoping she might understand.

"Can't you let her stay just for a little while longer? Just until we find her family..."

Sera: I'm afraid I can't allow that. She isn't a real angel. She has no one like her since she wasn't born from pure light like you and I... We don't know what she is capable of, she could harm us when she's older. It may seem unfair but I'm doing what it's best for us... For our community... For our future.

That.... was the reason? Why Lailah has to be isolated?... because Lailah came from a shooting star? And that's why she has to be away? Samael was in so much disbelief that that was the reason! He was that upset at Sera, his voice took on an edge, anger starting to overtake his sadness.

"Best for us? You mean the best for you and your rules! Lailah hasn't done anything wrong..."

He turned away, fists clenched.

"She deserves a chance to be happy too..."

Sera: She could oppose a threat to us, which is why I have to keep her away from Heaven. We don't know what kind of power she has or will do once she's older! Being born from a shooting star isn't normal...