TEN

CHAPTER TEN | KATERINA

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Amen omen, will I see your face again?

Amen omen, can I find the place within

To live my life without you?

Amen Omen | Ben Harper

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Mystic Falls, March 2010

To say Stefan was nervous about Rose's warning was an understatement. If Rose was to be believed, Elena's life was on the line, and he couldn't risk taking the chance that she was lying. In response to this, Stefan had gathered Damon and Elena to talk about the impending doom that was supposedly about to swoop down on them.

Rose, though well aware of the existence of the Originals and of Rowan, was not the most versed in fact. She knew only what she had heard of them, and that was enough to frighten her. She paced in front of the grand fireplace in the Salvatore Boarding House, on edge that one of the Originals might burst through the door at any given moment.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years, and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know, is real."

"Who is he?" Elena asked, arms crossed from her seat on the couch.

"He's one of the Originals, he's a legend." Damon answered.

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan elaborated.

"Like Elijah?"

"No." Rose replied with a sigh. "Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan said.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena gawked.

"Yes." Rose nodded.

"No." Stefan said in unison.

"What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..." Damon started, standing.

"Which it is." Rose interrupted.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you."

"Which I'm not." Rose rolled her eyes.

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist." Stefan reasoned, moving to sit beside Elena and comfort her.