TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE | BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Yes, I got your letter

Yes, I'm doing better

It cut deep to know you,

Right to the bone

closure | Taylor Swift

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Marcel, as Rowan expected, hadn't been a fan of the possibility of teaming up with Elijah

Marcel, as Rowan expected, hadn't been a fan of the possibility of teaming up with Elijah. The witch and the vampire had argued late into the night about the implications of this partnership, with Marcel warning her not to trust the Original. The argument spilled over into the early hours of the morning, as Rowan readied herself to meet with Damon.

"I've known Elijah my whole life, I know what kind of man he is." Rowan told Marcel. "He loves his family, as I love mine, and he'll do anything to be with them again."

"You seem to have forgotten that his family includes Klaus."

"Maybe it did once, but Elijah has given up hope for him. He's gone too far now. He buried Rebekah, Kol and Finn at see for Christ's sake!"

"Alright, if you're going to persist in this, then I'll support you. But you should know, I don't like it. We've seen how Klaus can manipulate Elijah."

"Yes, but Elijah knows not to get in my way with this. I won't let emotions cloud my judgement. If he stands between me and Klaus, he's fair game."

"Does he know?" Marcel asked after a few moments. "About how you came back?"

"What good would it do telling him that? He doesn't need to know." She replied, waltzing around the room and pulling on a jacket.

"Of course he does! You said yourself, Elijah counts you as family; what do you think he'll do when he learns the truth?" Rowan didn't give an answer as she pulled a brush through her waves, and Marcel sighed. "He loves to fix broken things, and you are the most broken of us all. He won't stop until you're the Rowan he remembers. It'll take away focus from the task at hand; making Klaus suffer. Elijah won't work with you when you're like this, he's seen enough to know that this version of you can't be trusted."

"Well then, it's a damn good thing he doesn't know." She snapped, heading for the door.

"You think you can fool him? That he won't figure it out? Look at yourself, Rowan! You're filled with hate and rage. You might be a good actress but Elijah's no fool."