Chapter 22: love and care

Author's note

*Just a heads up, when you come across any words in italics, it signifies that the characters are thinking it to themselves or it's a flashback *

Hey sunshins! hope you have a fantastic time diving into this chapter! Share your thoughts with me once you're through. Enjoy the read! 🔮✨

Original version - "Filmein sirf teen cheezon ke wajah se chalti hai...entertainment, entertainment, entertainment...aur main entertainment hoon."

My version- meri story sirf teen cheezon ke wajah se aage badhati hai.. comments, comments, comments... aur main comment nhi hu vo tum logon ko karne padhege toh dekh kya rahe ho shuru ho jao

。⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕⁠◕。⁠

Adhir quickly turned off the TV, unable to watch the disturbing news anymore. The sudden silence was uncomfortable, with only Ansh's quiet sobs breaking the stillness.

They were frozen in shock, trying to process what they had just seen. The room felt quiet and heavy, as if the news had cast a dark shadow over them.

Ansh's crying was the only sound, a heartbreaking expression of his distress. Adhir and Aarav were motionless, their faces drained of color, their eyes fixed on a point in space, with tears streaming down their faces. The silence was filled with a sense of sadness and helplessness.

Just then, the front door creaked open, and Kunj stepped into the grand hall, drenched to the bone, his body shivering slightly. The three men rushed towards him, engulfing him in a tight embrace, a wave of relief washing over them.

"Papa, kahan the aap? Kitna dar gaye the hum," Ansh choked out, his voice filled with a mixture of relief and fear.

"Aur nahi toh kya? Aur apka phone kahan hai? Ek call karke bata nahi sakte the that you are fine?" Aarav's voice held a similar desperate tone.

Kunj noticed they were more worried than he expected them to be. He thought maybe it was because of his condition. He decided to ask them what was wrong after changing into some warm clothes.

They released kunj, each of them desperate to see him truly okay.

"I'm fine, boys. Aur call kiya toh tha maine, Mannu ko," Kunj said, a chilling sneeze interrupting his words.

He had a hard time standing, his legs protesting with a dull pain.

"Vo sab baatein baad mein karte hain bhaiyaa, aao pehle baitho aap sofe pe," Adhir said, his voice gentle but firm.

"Sofa gila ho jayega yaar, main direct nahakar aata hu," Kunj replied, his voice raspy and different.

"Chup chap aao aap idhar," Ansh insisted, gently pulling his father towards the sofa. He turned to Aarav, "Chaks, aap pani garam kardo na papa ke nahane ke liye."

Aarav nodded and hurried towards kunj's room, while Adhir moved to towards kitchen to prepare hot chocolate for Kunj.

"Anshu baccha, mein thik hu, tum log bekar mein pareshan..." Kunj began, but another sneeze cut him off.

Ansh settled him onto the sofa, "Haa dikh raha hai vo, kitna thik ho aap. Baitho yahaan chupchap."

Before Kunj could object, Ansh went to fetch a towel and a blanket. Soon, he returned with the soft material, Ansh made Kunj wear the blanket and started gently drying his damp hair.

"Anshu baccha, mein kar lunga, tu khamakha chinta kar raha hai, I'm fine," Kunj insisted, attempting to brush off his son's concern.

"Aapko chup rehne kaha na maine, chup rakhiye aap," Ansh said, gently placing a finger over his father's lips.