Chapter 26

Mavis's POV

I woke up very early. Tried my best to not wake anyone up. I mangled to quickly write a note and leave it on the table where we eat. Soon I grabbed a few items with me and I teleported myself to the place where my grandma was buried. I walked through the many graves of other deceased until I reached her's. Nothing special was the grave. The stone was simple and the minimal writing only stating her name, birth and death dates. I crouched down. I missed her a lot. But I'm glad she didn't have to see my bounty and all of the things I've done recently, because I doubt her heart would have taken it all lightly. A few tears streamed down my cheeks.

I felt someone watching me. I looked around but couldn't see anyone. I wasn't in disguise or invisible. I was risking a lot but I couldn't care at the moment. But the feeling of someone watching me didn't leave. I really tried to remain calm. I spend as much a I could before I used dark magic to finally locate my parent's graves. And so I teleported to the area. I never been there before. Still a graveyard. By the looks of the map I was still in the witch territory but on the edge of the boarder though. I walked until I found their graves. I never thought that I would find them. The stones were similar to grandma's, minimal writing. Although surprisingly the graves looked like someone had been keeping them rathe clean. I doubt that grandma has been able to do that for many years which was rather odd now.

"They were amazing witches." I was startled by someone speaking behind my back. I looked around and saw a woman around my grandma's age.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Your grandma's friend, Mavis." She knew my name. I stood up.

"You were the one following me?"

"Yes. And I think it is time for us to talk and learn some things you wanted to know for so long that my dearest friend kept secret."

The woman invited me to her house. She lived not too far away from the graveyard, I Lenard she was the one to keep them clean and she was responsible for the place. I got offered tea and I gladly accepted.

"You are using dark magic to check if it isn't poison?" She noticed what I saw doing.

"Its not. But I guess it is time to tell you everything." The woman continued.

I learned that my parents were both in the military as I was. They died during a mission. This information what the mission was, never been revealed. But I also was told that my whole family even from both sides have history of dark magic users. Which make sense why I was so good with magic and why my parents were in a very dangerous and important mission at got them both killed. The woman asked me why I even stole the book for. I told her of my mate. She explained that I never wanted to use dark magic for bad things like revenge and so such magic cannot consume me and make me evil. But that still didn't make me feel any less anxious that I will turn out to be evil in the end.

This new found information was really making me feel a headache coming in. Too much information at once. But I sincerely believed the woman, I even remembered a few snippets of my past as a child, I belive I've seen her before at least a few times, so I trusted her information about my family.

"Your grandma has raised rather well. Its unfortunate you had to go to the military to make ends meet."

"Yeah but I wouldn't have found Dorian that way."

"True but some would say that soulmates always find a way to meet each other."

Then she gave me an apple pie to eat a slice. It was good. After I was done she was staring at me for some reason.

"What?"

"You're still worrying about becoming evil from the dark magic?"

"How did you know?"

"Its not that hard to notice that for me." All she said before disappearing from the kitchen. I waited patiently for her to return. The woman returned about five or a few more minutes later holding a box and a piece of paper in her hands. Then handed both of the things to me.

"What's all this?"

She told me to open them both. I started with the box. It was simple - made out of wood, no writing on it whatsoever. Once the lid was removed I saw a very nice fabric inside. Took it into my hands and removed all of it from the box - it was a stunning light blue dress. I immediately took the paper into my hands and read it. It was an invitation to the ball this year. At the end of the year the witch council hosts a ball for three nights in a row to celebrate. Everyone is invited, well still a certain amount of people but even commoners are able to get in if they donate enough money for entrance. I looked at the woman and knew what she wanted me to do.

"Who's dress is this?"

"Your mother's. The wedding dress actually." I was surprised to hear that.

I asked her for a piece of paper and a thing to write with. Once I got the items I wrote a letter to my mate and my friends. The ball is in a week. I'lll stay here and hopefully learn more about myself, not just my past and I wish to get better at my dark magic side. Besides I can trust this woman won't betray me to the council. The elderly lady didn't mind that I decided to stay at her place until the first day of the ball. I send out the letter using magic.

The cottage this woman lives in is pretty cool. She even has her own garden where most of her vegetables are and even has some farm animals like chickens that roam around the small perimeter of the back of the house being fenced to keep them inside. Honestly a very nice and quiet life. I asked her how she met my grandma and I learned that they were long time friends, they met in first year of school and lived close by. Only after graduating they did go different paths but still kept in good contact. Made sense why my grandma wanted my parents to be buried where her friend could keep take care of the graves. She told me that my grandma knew of her sickness and knew she and I would have a harder life.

But I'd day my childhood was pretty nice. I just started the army early. Well it became my school and learning about my future job. Even while training I started to earn money which was the best thing for us. I'm still mad that there was no way of saving her. I wish magic could have saved her but I doubt that even dark magic would have done a difference. Either way I needed a way to distract my troubled mind and so I asked if I could help around the little farm of hers. Since it was getting to evening time. I had to get every single chicken into their little house and make sure they have food and water there too. Then I harvested some carrots and potatoes that would be alter used for dinner meal.

We cooked the food and chatted a bit while making it. She was very proud of how far I've come and the things I've done. She was very impressed with the heist too. Though told me that my parents and grandma would be very proud of me too. We soon extinguished the lanterns in the garden and in the cottage. She had a spare room where I was going to be living in for a bit. I finally laid down in bed. I feel guilty for leaving Dorian. I really missed him and it hasn't been even one full day yet. I hope he won't be mad at me. I do think they will go and attend the ball, they should because I'll be there. I'm sure they will survive the week without me. Since Dorian's dark wolf side is gone forever, there should be no complications for them to live in the base. Before I left ti made sure of it.

I should also talk about my visions with the woman. Maybe she knows a thing or two. Because doctors have been useless for me. I think I know what I'll do at the ball. If everything will go well, then this useless war between my friends and the witch council will be over, we will be able to live normal and at peace once and for all.