9. True Colors

Melissa and Star Scourge stood in awe staring at Leroy containing the Black Hand member within a barrier.

"Wait please commander don't do thi-," Charlie begged.

"I have no use for an underling that can't even beat this scum," Leroy insulted. "Now perish. Stonify," Charlie let out a shriek as he began to turn into a stone figure. He begged and pleaded for Leroy to stop but he just ignored him. After Charlie was fully stonified he cracked and turned to dust.

"Leroy, that member of the Black Hand called you "commander" mind explaining yourself?" questioned Star Scourge.

"So, my cover's been blown, how unfortunate," said Leroy pacing back and forth. "I am the head commander of the Black Hand,"

"How dare you, Leroy!" yelled Melissa as tears started to form in her eyes. "I trusted you; we trusted you; we all trusted you!"

"Do you know what Arcane Spirit is?" asked Leroy. "What Arcane Spirit really is?"

"It's the energy produced from phenomena occurring in the world," replied Star Scourge.

"Ah that's what you were told, good pal, but I've discovered what it truly is. Arcane Spirit is the energy of one's soul, Arcane Spirit still can be found in the world but the main contributor to Arcane Spirit is the soul," Leroy explained.

"And what do you gain from telling us this?" Star Scourge asked.

"You seem like you deserved to know Star Scourge. Although a soul can only grow so strong by itself, at some point it reaches its limit and can't grow any stronger." Leroy said as he reached into his pocket. He then pulled out the Soul Catalyst lifting it up for the two to see.

"Is that what I think it is?" questioned Melissa as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Yes, in fact it is, you were all told that the Soul Catalyst's power was to awaken the user's hidden potential, correct? " asked Leroy. "Well, you were lied to because the Soul Catalyst's true power is to contain a soul inside itself,"

"Wait a second, if that's true how come it unlocked my Arcane Power?" asked Melissa.

"Star Scourge simply used a chant to extract some Arcane Spirit from the Soul Catalyst into you." Leroy replied. "But I think it's about time that I release the soul trapped inside this old thing. The only problem is that I need a soul to take its place, good thing you're so damaged and exhausted Star Scourge," Star Scourge tried to get away but his body refused.

"Star Scourge, we have to get out of here grab onto me!" commanded Melissa.

"Not so fast there," said Leroy as he sealed the entrance. "It's useless to try to escape," Leroy began the chant, "A soul for a soul, one left to decay, the other walks for another day, transfer both bodies to take one's place, Soul Switch,"

"Melissa get out of here!" Yelled Star Scourge as a beam was shot from Soul Catalyst.

"You're a lot stronger than me Star Scourge please tell Max I love him," she said as she pushed Star Scourge out of the way being ensnared by the beam. Suddenly, a massive light flashed as Melissa let out a scream. After the light dissipated a mysterious figure stood in her place.

"Who might you be? asked Leroy.

Turning around to face Leroy he said, "My name is Casimer."