4. Under Attack

Max was pulled from his slumber by the noise of a battle siren. This siren is alarmed when intruders enter the Sorcerer Society. Max quickly ran outside to meet up with Star Scourge to combat the intruders. "What happened?" Asked Max as he scanned the area.
"Enemy Arcane users launched an attack on the Sorcerer Society," Responded Star Scourge. "We must eliminate the attackers as soon as possible," Just then an intruder confronted the two.
"You two there get out of my way or I'll be forced to kill you," he threatened.
"Try your best shot," Star Scourge responded, drawing his blade. "But first tell me the name of the fool who dared challenged me,"
"It's General Katski and my Arcane Power is Voltron. My power allows me to control lightning phenomena," Katski explained. "But I have to end this quick is what the boss said, so I can't have any fun with you. Pure Technique, Electrifying Spite," Katski lifted his index finger charging a red lightning bolt. "Perish," The bolt shot at lightning speeds piercing Star Scourge's torso.

"Very impressive power," Star Scourge complemented as he spit up some blood. "It's been quite a while since I've seen someone use a Pure Technique,"

"Once mastering one's Arcane Power they will be able to use a Pure Technique, Pure Techniques are the awakened power of an Arcane power the drawback to using this ability is massive fatigue and depletion of the users Arcane Spirit." "His Pure Technique overcharges a lightning bolt to 200% output causing its color to change to a bright red. Now I know how to defeat you," Star Scourge told Katski bandaging his wound. "I won't even need my Pure Technique to defeat you, you're actually quite pitiful,"

"Why yo-," Katski began before being cut off.

"Ignition Slash," In an instant Katski was cut in two falling to the ground.
"H-How did I lose?" Katski rambled trying to crawl away.
"What are you after pitiful general, why did you attack the Sorcerer Society?" Star Scourge questioned still bleeding from his initial wound.
"If you don't tell us we'll cut you into mincemeat," Threatened Max.
"Fine, just please don't kill me," Begged Katski. "We were after the soul catalyst, we wanted it for ourselves to control,"
"What are you planning to do with it?" Max questioned.
"I'd never tell someone of the likes of you," Said Katski letting out a smirk.
"That's all I needed to hear," Responded Star Scourge as he incinerated Katski.

After disposing of the attackers all available sorcerers were called for rebuilding the destroyed structures. On the east end of the city Star Scourge was thinking to himself. "Why were they after the Soul Catalyst not only that who do the work for? How were they able to breach the Sorcerer Society with such ease?"

"Hey so Star Scourge, what was that power that Katski used again?" Max interrupting Star Scourge's flow of thought.

"It's called a Pure Technique, "He responded. "It's the awakened power of your ability. Most UAU's can use them although it takes years of training to fully utilize one's Pure technique,"

"Do you think you could teach me?" Max Asked?

"No, I have better things to do than teach you at your current level. Along with that don't you find it odd how Katski and his men were after the Soul Catalyst?" Star Scourge explained.

"I mean I guess it's kind of weird, but it doesn't matter anymore you turned him to ash," said Max as he sat down next to Star Scourge.

"You're so Naive Max. I'm going to tell the elders about what our little friend Katski told us," Star Scourge said as he started to make his way to the main building. Later a meeting was held to discuss what had been discovered.

"Why were they after the Soul Catalyst!" Roared the crowd.

"We currently do not know the cause for the attack on the Soul Catalyst, but we do know that it will be guarded more closely from now on; only UAU and above grade sorcerers may be able to make contact with the relic. Not only that but a routine guard schedule will take place," One of the elders explained to the crowd of angry and confused sorcerers. "That will be all for today, this meeting is over,".