chapter 109:Divorce?!

Sara p.o.v

To say things are finally going well is underestimating, I didn't want to give in to zaid but the way he is so convincing made me falk for him all over again not that I was letting him win me back that easily I had to show him that two can play the same game.

Flashback

Ever since I had brought up the idea of divorcing him seemed to have made him change or that he finally found out the truth of which I had tried to tell him since that night of our engagement which ended drastically.

Even if he was apologetic  it won't be easy for us to pass through the painful memories because it wasn't just the night of our engagement getting ruined but also the night I lost my mom.

Every time I remember that night ,I could see myself standing in front of my mom's dead body.

Thinking  that  divorcing him would finally set me free from not feeling like I have abandoned my mom and I would be free from my past but it was all going to be a useless battle with me and him as well as his sister.

Even though they aren't to be blamed for her death but still I felt  like I was suffering from losing her the day that it was suppose to be the best day of my life but it turned out to be the most painful day from being rejected and misunderstood to be broken  in the most unfortunate way  that I had ever imagined.

despite urging him to sign the divorce he would try ways to delay it and would even refuse to sign it every time I met him whether I was at work or even pay him a visit he either tell his secretary to make an excuse for him that he was in a meeting or mostly I would find him in his office doing nothing and if I bring up the topic about our  divorce he would pretend to be on a call.

One time I was leaving work when I saw him leaning on my car  as he was typing on his phone.

''Finally  ready to sign the papers?'' I asked as I stepped forward, and he just shook his head.

I was already fuming with anger as he's making my life miserable than it already was. I even faced his sister aka my ex best friend slash ex sister in law who seemed to agree with his behaviour  and I knew I was about to lose to a war that I hadn't signed up for.

I didn't know what I was putting myself into, despite being accused of being unfaithful now I was facing bigger problem, neither of them wanted me gone but they did push me out of their lives so now what was the point of being held on to when they had broken me first.

if they thought that I would give in soon, then they were messing with the wrong person. zaid didn't want to give me up, so he just had to make me follow him around, which is so frustrating.

He even had the nerve to send me bouquet of flowers with cards that either say he's not going to let me have my way or ask me to see him in his office and I would tear the card and give away the bouquet to my colleague.

And now he's waiting for me near my car, and I can't seem to want to let him have his way at any time.

"Still not giving up, huh?!"

"No,no, and never, so let's just drop it and accept it,"he says as he leans forward and our lips are almost touched.

"Not so soon Mr zaid,am not giving up either,"

"Ok then, so how about a six month contract, we get married again and see how this goes, and if it doesn't work ill give your divorce " he suggested.

As much as I didn't want to accept it I had no choice but to give in and that was going to be something I never intended to accept but as long as I wanted to get away from him I had to do it.

We ended up signing the contract and had to live together in one of his penthouse which he once told me about when we were getting engaged nine years ago.

    End of flashback

That brings us back to the present where now am currently having the best te of my life,zaid and I reconciled and forgave each other, the journey was not easy as I was giving him a hard time just to see his reaction.

And also simran and I worked on our relationship and things are falling back together, despite the way life was going down we ended up finding each other destiny does have its perk to play the unexpected things.

Zaid and I became closer, his ex amost ruined our lives and now is in coma and zaid makes sure to get information about her health despite getting shot she was saved and now am not sure whether to be relieved or worry about it.

As am enjoying my life with my loved ones I forgot about my volunteering campaign which I had applied for and didn't get time to ask the director of the hospital.

Suddenly this morning I received a letter which simran gave me, I looked at the sender and it turned out to be from the hospital I took it and left the table.

I opened the mail and found that I was accepted as one of the volunteers which meant I had to tell everyone.

Zaid didn't want to listen so I had to convince him even though it happened when we were separated and I had no plan to get back together at that time
so I signed up for this project and got his approval at the end.

As we went back downstairs another surprise awaited for me, I saw simran and Max standing together while she opens the mail,she turned the paper out and saw  that it had a little divorce on top.

"Mind to explain yourself sara?" She asked as she gave me the paper.

"What's this? Divorce? How?"I looked at it  confused.

"What do you think?it's a divorce paper sent by your dad,did you ask him to do this?"

"No, I didn't I mean at first I asked my dad to do it but now he knows that we are together so I don't think..."

"What? Your dad might be a divorce attorney then why dis he send you this then and it has your signature on it " simran showed me.

I didn't understand why dad wants me to get divorce from zaid I knew he was furious at him but they eventually made up and now this what's happening?

I wanted to call him but the time wasn't right because it was already night in New York he was promoted and himand his family also mine moved there.

I had to wait until midday to call him which I did but he didn't answer so I called my step mom who answered it but her voice sounded weak as if she was crying for a long time.

"Hey is dad OK?" I asked and she just stayed silence before she broke the news  about him.

"I don't know how to say this but your dad has fallen sick again " she said

I didn't understand what she meant by again.

Even though I didn't spent much time with him,he always seemed healthy and workaholic that I barely seen him around and I was also busy with my studies as well.

After a while she said what made me feel my world would crumble once again.

"Am so sorry sara, I know that I shouldn't have hide the truth but I can't keep you in the dark for long your dad is.......