89

Sincerely, Marlena.

Our kiss was a fierce battle of emotions, each of us trying to dominate, yet unable to fully control the storm that brewed between us. Lucien's hands were hot against my skin, his touch both frustrating and electrifying. Each time I tried to voice my frustration, his mouth silenced me, his kisses both demanding and soothing.

"You're so..." I started, my words trailing off as his lips moved down my neck, his touch sending shivers through me. "Impossible," I finished, the complaint muffled against his shoulder as I gasped.

Lucien's grip tightened around my waist, his fingers pressing into my lower back. "And you're not?" His voice was a low growl, his breath hot against my ear. "You're just as impossible, Marlena. It drives me insane."

"Maybe that's why..." I murmured, my voice strained with the mix of desire and frustration. "Maybe that's why this is so—"

"Complicated?" Lucien finished for me, his lips finding mine again in a heated kiss. I tried to focus on the argument, but every touch, every kiss seemed to blur the lines between anger and desire.

"You can't just..." I began, but the intensity of his kiss made it hard to finish my thought. My fingers clung to his shirt, pulling him closer as if trying to fuse our bodies together. "You can't just make everything so—"

"So what?" he asked, his voice low and husky. He pulled back just enough to look into my eyes, the intensity of his gaze making my breath hitch.

I breathed, my hands sliding up to cup his face. "You make everything—"

"What?" His lips brushed against mine, making it nearly impossible to focus on the argument. "Intense?"

"Yes!" I said, the word coming out as a moan as his fingers traced the curve of my waist. "You're so intense, and it's—"

"It's what?" Lucien asked, his breath hot and erratic as he pressed me against the wall. "It's what, Marlena?"

"It's consuming," I gasped, my hands sliding into his hair, gripping him tightly. "You're consuming, and it's... it's hard."

"Hard?" he echoed, his voice rough with desire. "Hard to deal with? Hard to control?"

"Yes," I admitted, my voice barely above a whisper. "Hard to—"

"Hard to stay away from?" Lucien's lips were on mine again, his kiss deep and urgent, as if trying to erase all the words that had come before.

My breath hitched, and I pulled back slightly, my eyes searching his. "How are we supposed to—"

He interrupted, his hands sliding lower to grip my hips. "To figure this out?"

"Yes," I whispered, my fingers tracing the line of his jaw. "How can we—"

"Maybe we don't need to figure it out," he said, his voice husky as he pressed his forehead against mine. "Maybe we just need to let it happen."

"And if we do?" I asked, my voice trembling slightly. "What if it just makes everything worse?"

"Then we deal with it," Lucien said, his lips brushing against mine. "But at least we'll have one less thing to be frustrated about."

I looked into his eyes, the passion and frustration mirrored in his gaze. "And if it doesn't solve anything?"

"Then we try something else," he said, his voice low and determined. "But for now, let's just focus on this."

His kiss was intense, a mix of frustration and desire that left me breathless. My hands slid down to his chest, feeling the hard muscles beneath his shirt, and I pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. The argument was forgotten in the haze of passion, replaced by the overwhelming need to be close to him, to feel his touch and taste his lips.

As our bodies pressed together, the lines between anger and desire blurred, and the only thing that mattered was the way our lips moved together, the way our breaths mingled, and the way our hearts raced in unison.