CH11-Frustration

Samael sat on a log, his hands clasped together. His eyes were distant as the blue illumination of the Codex panels reflected in his pupils.

[Absorbed Void Essence of "Krueger" +3 Your power grows stronger...]

[Void Spawn [-]]

Evolution progress: Tier 0 Mark 0 Marker: 3/50

Special trait: Heir type

-A species of void beings capable of extreme destruction and power.

Now that makes sense. Samael rubbed his eyelids as he released a mouthful of air. It appears that this climb of his will be something of hellish proportions.

If he has to kill monsters in order to gain power, then this whole ordeal will be a bloody mess. Well, it's not like he didn't expect this to happen, but not this soon.

His eyes narrowed down, thoughts wreaking havoc in his mind.

Does this skill work on normal animals? Is there even a limit on who or what I can absorb? How about on... Humans...? While he wasn't completely against killing monsters, the same cannot be said for the mundane lives of people.

He made a vow to only make a move against human life if and only if it was necessary.

He shook his head, ridding himself of unnecessary thoughts.

Nothing changes. He isn't leashed anymore. He is the master of his own fate now. He will only follow his will and his own heart.

Samael stood up and dusted himself. Before he leaves, he wants to first understand his power. It will never truly be his if he doesn't tame it.

He slowly shut his eyes tight, seizing all movements. He felt himself. The way his chest rose and fell, the sensation of the cold wind brushing his skin, and the distant silence engulfing him... But there was something else. Something new that he has yet to use.

In the codex, it told him that he had complete affinity with the Void. He could guess that it was an element of great power if it could transform him and mold him into something totally different.

Such a magnitude of power is great and all, but it comes with its own risks.

There are some cases where elemental holders, or echoes for short, undergo implosion.

The element they obtained deemed them weak and undeserving of their power. Thus, they rebel in hopes of breaking the shackles that hold them in the bodies of their wielders.

The damage it causes to everyone and the person itself is devastating. He has personally witnessed one of the kids back in the lab go mad as his element destroyed everything, including its bearer.

He could still vividly remember how the boy's body illuminated in blinding light, engulfing the room in its radiant glow as streaks of lightning lashed upon them. In the end, he left in a thundering explosion, taking with him those children unfortunate enough.

Samael couldn't even imagine what he would do to himself if he hurt Lilith because of his inability to control his power.

He didn't trust or liked his luck. But only this time did he truly wish that, for once, something would go his way. There's no point in dragging this out anymore.

Beads of sweat meandered down his forehead. Samael stood in silence as he tried to forge a bond with the enigmatic power residing within him.

His attempts were fruitless at first, but his endeavour was far from over.