CH17-A Facade

Samael and Ajax went to the Watchers Guild as soon as the golden light of dawn loomed at the edge of the horizon.

Samael sat in the far corner of the establishment, patiently waiting for Ajax. His gaze wandered about the building, the silhouettes of the watchers glimmering before his pupils.

It appears that the watchers are highly active, even this early in the morning.

They wore smiles even though they face innumerable dangers every day. Samael can't help but wonder. Why is that?

In the corner of his eyes, a man clad in steel inched closer to him, a brownish piece of paper nestling in his palm.

Setting the paper down, he spoke. "We have work to do."

Samael's brows rose to an arch as he shifted his gaze towards the quest details.

[Notice: Sudden disappearance at Irvel village]

Location: Irvel village

Details: There have been reports of village cattle going missing for weeks now. Recently, a new report came in stating the sudden disappearances of three individuals. A farmer, a kid, and a watcher who came to investigate.

-Quest requirements-

Must have a party of at least two people.

The party leader must be a person in the rank of Emerald or above.

Bring back any evidence or remnants of the missing individuals.

Uncover the reason behind these disappearances.

***

"Tell me, what do you think is our first step?" Ajax asked, breaking Samael from his stupor.

Samael shot a glance at the brownish paper. "We visit Irvel village?" he asked.

"No. That comes later. As a watcher, your best ally is knowledge. The more information you hold about a situation, the more prepared you can be," he explained.

"I understand," Samael replied with a nod.

"I asked the receptionist earlier about further information regarding this quest. Unfortunately, the only thing they know is that the sudden disappearance of the three individuals happened quite recently," Ajax stated.

Ajax rose to his feet, beckoning Samael to follow.

"Irvel village is situated not far from here. If we travel by foot, we should arrive there in a week's time," Ajax said.

"It will take a week? But didn't you say it's close?" Samael asked, his brows furrowed.

"It is close, but on foot? No, not quite." Ajax replied. He marched on, leaving the watchers guild.

"What do you mean by that?" Samael trailed close.

"The road behind these walls is filled with countless dangers. Traveling by foot means the chances of experiencing them are higher than by riding a convoy." Ajax patiently said.

"Answer me, why do you think we're going on foot if there's so much risk involved?" Ajax shot a glance at Samael.

Samael fell deep into thought. "High risk, high rewards... I think that it's a great way for me to gain valuable knowledge. After all, experience is the best teacher." Samael answered.

"Good." Ajax said before storming off again. A resounding sigh escaped Samael's lips as he pushed forward.

"Where are we going?" Samael asked. The direction they took wasn't towards the exit. In fact, they're currently in the plaza.