Chapter 2

Ernest and Bella began to work on the first step to this investigation. They needed to find the names of the children who attended and contact their parents. It felt like a shitty move to try and exploit grieving parents to make some money and grow her website. So, she wrote a quick script for them to use once they did begin to ring for the parents. They would start off by explaining how this was a small website that is all about justice and finding solutions to atrocities and world problems. With compassion, they would inform the parents how they believe this was a gross miscarriage of justice and they want to know what happened in that manor. They want to know if the police are corrupted, and a killer is one the lose currently. Bella agreed that it was a solid speech, and they could get a few tips.

     "Do you think the parents know anything?" Ernest asked Bella with the intention of getting no answer. And sure enough, she didn't. Bella responded to her saying she had no idea and they would find out when they found the contact information. "Better question, how do we find the names of the kids attending?"

      Bella clapped; she was excited as she knew the answer. "The website has all that information. They write out all the names of the employees and students every year. Just look up MundialManor.com and it should pop up."

     Ernest turned on her computer and googled the name. She immediately entered the homepage. It showed a picture of the house in the background and white bold letters that read, "Mundial Manor: Institution for Troubled Teens and Pre-Teens." She explored the page, clicking on the three lines on the top left, the subsections for the website showed up. After some time of clicking links and scrolling, she found the attending list of the children. Bella, meanwhile, had already found and written down the names of every employee. They both celebrated before moving on to finding their personal information. For employees, they searched google and Facebook. The kids would be found on social media, including Instagram. The main one they would use. 

     Ernest brought out some water bottles and made some sandwiches quickly before they both used the restroom and sat down for good. They would not leave this spot until they found someone who had any information on anything. Ernest cracked her fingers and entered Instagram. Beginning to type away the legal names of the children. It felt stalkerish to do this, and even criminal for the fact they were all minors. It soured Ernest's tongue. But she reminded herself that she was trying to contact the parents and this was all for justice.

     The first name on the list was Romero Acosta. She typed it into the search bar and clicked on multiple profiles with the name; having no picture of how he looked like, she had to somehow identify that it was the correct Acosta. She scrolled through the pictures posted and looked at the description. Some were from here; the description or pictures would be from this place. Others, the teens who came from out of the city or out of state would be more difficult to know if they attended Mundial Manor. 

     Already, Bella had found a family member to call, and she was speaking with them on the phone. "Hello, my name is Ernest Bourbon, and I am a small and independent writer. I am writing a story about the Mundial Manor fire that happened just yesterday-" The caller had told her something along the lines that they were not interested or cussed at her. She removed the phone from her ear and crossed out the name.

     No sign of Acosta. She crossed out the name and searched up Pablo Ace. Scrolling again. She went through every profile and found the correct Ace. He lived just a city over and posted a picture of the manor with the caption, "Spending six months in this shitty place. Killing myself." Ernest applauded herself and scrolled through his following list. It was possible that his parents were following him, and if he had siblings, even more of a possibility they followed him. She found Lola Ace on his following list and clicked on her Instagram page. She looked to be a bit younger than him, little sister. Again, she scrolled through her following list, trying to find a parent. But no parent followed any of them. Ernest groaned and crossed the name off the list.