Chapter 3

When Angelina went back home, it was almost eight at night and the sun was almost set. She walked to her street and as she neared her home, spotted two police cars parked on the side of the road. Her heart dropped and sped up, realizing that her parents had called the cops because of her outburst. Her steps slowed and she began to trudge to her home, walking to the door, she slowly opened it and peered inside. The cops were talking to Angelina's mom and dad. Her mom was crying, explaining to the police that she had to be at the park. She had asked permission to go to the park a few hours earlier, of course she'd be there. Her dad was just staring at everyone silently, holding Rebecca tightly with one arm.

      Before they realized she was back home, Angelina figured that the cops had barely been called and while she walked back home, they made it to the park. They could not find her and so they were giving her the bad news. Rebecca looked towards the door and saw Angelina standing there, she was both relieved and furious to see her. Running to her, tears running down her face, she hugged her daughter tightly. "I was so worried... Where were you?" 

     Angelina cautiously hugged her mom, just waiting for the worried questions to turn to screaming and hitting. "I was at the park with Hermoine." 

     Julius, Angelina's dad, shook hands with the police and walked them out of the home. Apologizing for calling them now that Angelina was safely back home. The cops explaining that it was part of their job, and because Angelina was still under age, it was necessary for the parents to have called them. The door closed and Angelina could feel her mom's body shift. The anger was taking over now. Julius could see his wife's face turn and he stood behind them both, not wanting to get involved and instead wanting to watch it all unfold. 

      Rebecca began yelling at her daughter, "You ran away and didn't call! For hours we didn't know where you were, if you were safe, or what had happened to you! You had us worried, and we called cops. You wasted their time by having them come to find a girl who wasn't missing, just had a fucking tantrum. You're grounded until the school year is over. GO TO YOUR ROOM!"

      Angelina was already expecting this, she didn't say or do anything. Instead, she tried her hardest not to laugh. Quickly making her way to her room before she laughed and got into more trouble. She was saved from a beating, the worst thing she could do now was make it. 

      "Bring me your phone, laptop, tablet, any electronics. You're not allowed to use anything." That got Angelina mad, but she wasn't going to complain. She was just going to do as her mom asked and cry and yell when she was in her room, door locked. Rebecca looked at Julius and sighed, crying again, "What are we going to do?" 

     Julius watched his daughter go up the stairs, "First, take her to the doctor and get that limp checked out." He pointed at nothing; Angelina was already in her room. Rebecca turned to look at the empty stairs before nodding. 

     "That was basically the beginning of it all. After I was grounded, locked up in my room with nothing to do, I kind of just got used to be being grounded. And I began to sneak out. My window jump caused my ankle to become sprained, so for a bit, I didn't go out. But eventually, when my ankle wasn't so swollen and I was extremely bored, I snuck out." Angelina pushed her hair behind her right ear and Ernest spotted a tear rolling down her cheek. She didn't say anything to Angel and instead waited there quietly, taking a sip from her water bottle. "I had to sneak out when they were both asleep and then, I would hang out with my friend. Eventually, I got caught. And my parents were pissed. I heard them talking about what they would do with me. 'I was out of control, and they couldn't do anything.'" She air quoted before murmuring, "They were right, but it still hurt to know that they couldn't parent me enough and they found the Mundial Manor to send me away."