The End of La Bruja Malvada

Mirabel and her friends had yet another long walk, and before they knew it, they saw a purple glow in the sky—and that's when they saw from far away what they were looking for.

"¡Ciudad de Amitista!" Mirabel whooped. "We're almost there!"

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Estaño asked. "Let's go."

The quartet went off to Ciudad de Amitista, but before they could go far, Estaño started slowing down before he completely stopped.

"¿Qué?" León asked. "What happened?"

"It's his key," Espantapájaros replied. "This is why he needs a heart. It'll save him the trouble of having to need his key wound up."

Mirabel, Espantapájaros, and León wound the key until Estaño was moving again.

"Muchas gracias," Estaño smiled. "I can't wait to get that heart."

"Let's get a move on," Espantapájaros said.

The friends continued down the road, and it was another long walk, which was all worth it when they reached the gates.

"¡Llegamos!" Mirabel whooped.

"We've finally made it to Ciudad de Amitista," Estaño smiled. "Next stop, el Mago de Oz."

Mirabel rang the bell, and a guard poked his head through a hole.

"Can I assist you?" the guard asked.

"We want to see el Mago de Oz, por favor," Mirabel said.

The guard was surprised. "¿El Mago?" he gasped. "That's quite a big request. Is this important? Are you sure?"

"Positive," Mirabel said. "We have to see el Mago. La Bruja Buena del Sur sent me to."

"Can you prove it?" the guard asked.

"She's wearing the ruby chanclas," Espantapájaros said.

The guard looked down to find the ruby chanclas on Mirabel's feet. "Ah, so she is," he smiled. "Well, bust my buttons. Why didn't you say that in the first place? That's a horse of a different color—por favor, entren."

The gates opened, allowing the group to enter Ciudad de Amitista, which was more beautiful inside. A horse-drawn carriage pulled up.

"Just what you're looking for," the driver smiled. "I'll take you anywhere in the city."

"Can you please take us to see el Mago?" Mirabel asked.

"¿El Mago?" the driver asked. "Sí, claro, but first, I'll take you to a little place where you can wash up, okay?"

"Oh, muchas gracias," Mirabel smiled as she and her friends climbed into the carriage. "We've been gone for a long time, and I need to look..." But then she noticed that the white horse had turned green. "Guau, I've seen a horse like that in a movie, but not real life."

"No, and you never will, señorita," the driver chuckled. "There's only one of him, and he's it. He's the horse of a different color you've heard about."

The horse pulled the carriage through the city, and before it got far, Mirabel noticed that it had turned vermillion. Once the carriage stopped in front of a mini spa, Mirabel saw that the horse had turned yellow. Then she and her friends entered the spa to clean up. Espantapájaros was getting stuffed with fresh straws. Estaño was being polished and shone. Mirabel was getting her hair redone, certain that Nayeli would love this place. León was getting his mane and claws trimmed. Once the quartet was good and clean, they were led to a building where el Mago resided. Once they were inside, they saw a great big head surrounded by flames.