School Swimming Pool..

---

.

As I step out of the locker room wearing my rash guard, I take a moment to adjust to the atmosphere. I don't want people paying too much attention to my physique, so this outfit feels like a safe choice. The swimming class is ongoing, but right now, it appears lessons are over, and the students are having their free time frolicking in the pool. Most of them are. At the audience seats, Haruka Hasabe, Airi Sakura, Hideo Sotomura—who appears to be doing some recording—and Rokusuke Koenji, aka the blond dude with the ego from the bus in the last month, are seated and just watching their classmates have fun in the pool.

In there, Kikyo, Chiaki, and Satou splash each other, while Karuizawa and Yosuke skylarked about, and Ike and Yamauchi did nothing but stare at the girls, especially at their chest sizes jiggling in the pool.

People naturally split into groups during free time in swimming class, I see...

I walk over to Ayanokouji, who's watching his classmates have fun while sitting on the floor.

*I got it. It seems I've completely failed at making friends...*

He sighs to himself just when Horikita approaches him. "What are you lamenting at?" she asks, standing beside him in her school-issued one-piece swimsuit.

"I was just immersed in a battle with myself," he replies, looking down at the ground.

"How can they be so cheerful after what just happened during homeroom period?" she asks as she sits down next to him.

"Don't you think they're trying to not think about it?" he asks back. Horikita thinks for a second and agrees with him, and they continue watching their classmates splash each other.

"They seem to be enjoying themselves," she points out as Kayano and Shinohara take a dive in the pool for fun.

"Classes in the pool started early this spring on short notice," Ayanokouji adds. "Besides, when there's a free period, most high school freshmen would go a little nuts, right?"

"They just like kids. But I can't hate them for it either." She then fixes her eyes on Sudou, who's sitting on the ledge of the pool all alone, looking away while Karuizawa drags Yosuke by the arm, laughing. "In the eyes of the S-system, they're the worst kind of defectives."

"You're also part of it, right?" Ayanokouji asks, and she agrees.

I decide to chime in, trying to lighten the mood. "Horikita, you've got a nice ass, but you've got medium-sized breasts."

She turns to me, eyes wide with surprise, before suddenly *SLAP!*—she hits me on the shoulder. "What was that for?!"

"Just being honest!" I say, trying to suppress a grin while Ayanokouji looks amused by our interaction.

### Flashback to Homeroom...

On the board, the S-system is shown with the four first-year classes ranked from A on top to D on the bottom. "Yes, this is the S-system. It assesses the students in real-time and assigns their numerical values," Chabashira-sensei explained as her hand struck the board slightly hard beside Class D's position. "Look, all of you have proven wonderfully that you all deserve to be last in rank. Truly the worst kind of defectives you all are."

Everyone can see that because their class got a big, fat zero in the rankings. Kikyo was shocked, and Horikita clenched her teeth in frustration. Then their teacher clapped her hands, adding more sarcasm to her words. "Honestly, I'm incredibly impressed. Somehow, no class has ever exhausted all their points in a single month, not even the previous Class D."