Summer Break*

**Summer Break**

In the high school dormitory, Horikita was sound asleep when her alarm clock rang, piercing through her dreams. She groaned, wishing to steal a few more moments of slumber, but eventually, necessity triumphed over fatigue. With a reluctant sigh, she slowly got up, stretching her limbs before pulling the curtains open to let the sunlight pour in.

*We've finished our term finals and begun our summer vacation.*

She began her day with a hot shower, smiling at the invigorating sensation of the water cascading over her. Once she finished, her phone rang. Glancing at the screen, she saw a picture of herself and her older brother, the image stirring fond memories from their middle school days. To her surprise, the caller was Y/n.

She rejected the call, but it rang again. Then a third time. "Sigh... deja vu, I think." The memory of rejecting his previous calls made her relent and finally answer.

"Can't you understand that you're being rejected?" she said, half-jokingly. Y/n's voice came through, laced with casual confidence.

"Are you at that time of the month?" he asked teasingly.

"Okay, hang up," Horikita said, rolling her eyes. "What can I ask you?"

"What is it?" she replied, curiosity getting the better of her.

"Horikita, wanna hang out at the pool to—"

She abruptly ended the call but paused, the word "pool" echoing in her mind. Looking out the window, she noticed the scorching weather and contemplated it again.

---

**Flashback to Last Night...**

It was raining, and most students were asleep. In the darkness of a back alley, four hooded figures huddled together, shivering in the cold.

"It's freezing, man. The rain is unbearable."

"What's taking him so long?" At that moment, a fifth hooded figure rushed to join them. "Sorry I'm late."

"Baka! I told you to be on time!"

"Forget that. Do you have everything we need?"

"Ah, mochiron!" The fifth figure revealed a bag filled with unknown supplies. "Don't mess up the setup point."

"Agreed. We have everything we need, so tomorrow, we can commence Operation: Young Lust. Peep on the girls' dressing room." The leader of the operation stated coldly, "This will help alleviate our loneliness." Among them, one remained silent, merely watching and eavesdropping on everything.

---

**Current Timing...**

Horikita packed her bag and left to meet the others when she heard a familiar voice. "Huh? Horikita-san? It's been a while, right?" She turned to see Yousuke and Karuizawa, who was clinging to his left arm. "Wow, you're still alive? I haven't seen you since summer break started," Karuizawa said, her tone teasing.

"I just don't feel the necessity to meet anyone," Horikita replied, her gaze drifting over them.

Karuizawa Kei, alongside Kushida-san, was one of the leaders of the Class D girls' cliques. Her influence in class had grown even larger since dating Hirata-kun. *I wonder when they started dating? I must have lost track of their status updates.*

Hirata Yousuke was a central figure among the Class D boys, excelling in both grades and sports. As a member of the soccer club, he was quite popular. He stood out in this defective class, likely the one to lead and guide the others.