Chapter 40 - A special day with Father...

After coming back home, Enzo went to his bedroom to try his game. It was maybe a collectible item for most people, but for him, it was something to try, not to put on exposition on a shelf. Davide didn't want to stay alone in the house, so he went to join Gianni and Vito at the MMA Club.

The dinner time arrived in the calm of the house. Even if Enzo was immerged in his game, he thought about Suki and that she was probably left alone with Davide, so he stopped his game to see her. He went downstairs but there was no one in the living room. He tried the library, but she was not there either.

He went back upstairs and checked the little girl bedroom. He lightly knocked at the door and entered. He found Suki deeply asleep. He didn't want to wake her up, so he silently closed the door. He thought that she must have been tired because of the event they went to, so even if she hadn't had dinner, he let her sleep. He went back downstairs and took one of the meal prepared in advance by Chef Aldo. 

It was 9.30pm when Gabriel and Gianni came back home. Enzo was in the kitchen, looking for some snack for his night games' session.

Gabriel: Enzo...

Enzo: Guys... you're back. You seem exhausted!

Gabriel: Yes, it was a long day. You are alone?

Enzo: I don't know where everyone went but Suki is already asleep, without having dinner. I think our little outgoing was too tiring for her, so I let her sleep.

Gabriel: Yes... (He was staring at Dante.)... unfortunately, she must have been already tired before that.

Dante: I'm going to shower... 

Dante quickly disappeared. He already had a talk with his father then with Gabriel in the car on their way back after a long day, where the eldest showed a cold attitude. Now, the only thing he wanted was a long and hot shower, something to eat and sleep. He still hadn't talk with Suki, but as she was asleep, it would have to wait. 

Gabriel asked his little brother how was Suki during the day and Enzo said that he often found her a bit down. He noticed that she seemed more sensitive, and he did his best to change her mood. He also said that she had some fun at the end of the day.

Enzo: I am sure that when Dante and Suki will clear the misunderstanding, she will feel better. Because despite how bad he treated her when she joined our family, I know that she is attached to him, just like at all of us... even my idiot of twin or Vito.

Gabriel: I hope that it is only that. Anyway, thank you for taking time with your little sister.

Enzo: It is not something you have to thank me for, brother... in fact, it's weird when you do. (Gabriel smiled for the first time today.)

Gabriel: I should take a shower too.

Enzo: Okay, if you need me, I'm in my room, so text me!

Gabriel: You can fully enjoy your evening... or your night... I guess you will not go to sleep before the sun goes up... as usual...

The two brothers headed upstairs, and they separated in the corridor, having their bedrooms in opposite direction. After a shower, and wearing comfortable clothes, Gabriel came out of his room and found Dante, standing in front of Suki's bedroom door.

Gabriel: Dante, what are you doing here?

Dante: I wanted to check if she was still asleep or not.

Gabriel: It is almost 10.00pm, she will not wake up until tomorrow morning now. You can talk to her tomorrow.

Dante: Hum... want to share a drink?