Chapter 9

Calum's POV

Broken.

That's all my heart could feel at the moment.

When Cassie told me that she only likes me as a friend and liked Luke as more than just a friend, my already injured heart broken down completely, turning into a pile of ashes settled in the place where my hearts supposed to be located.

This has made two times that I've lost a girl to one of my best friends. First Ashton jumped into mine and Ashley's relationship and tore everything to pieces within a couple minutes. Now it's Luke that's doing this to me.

I know he doesn't know that I have pretty strong feelings for Cassie but it still hurts like hell to lose another girl to the people who mean the most to me.

What makes the whole situation worse though, is that whenever Ashely escaped my grasp and ran into Ashton's, I could just ignore the pair and never feel obliged to here them or speak to them ever again. But, sadly, with Luke and Cassie, I can't do that. Luke's my best friend, he's been by my side everyday since my brake up. I can't just stop talking to him out of nowhere, he won't stand for it.

So, seeing that I have to stay in contact with Luke - and most likely Cassie since I can't just let her disappear from my life, especially 'cause she's going to be dating my friend and will be hanging around us a lot - I have to stand to the side, watching in misery as their relationship blossoms into something serious.

Knowing that this will be happening soon, a million questions start to flood my upset and flustered thoughts.

Like,

'What will my reaction be when I'm around them for the first time?'

'Will I freak out and get frustrated?'

'Will all the stress and conserved emotions build up into a wave of fury?'

'If I do get angry, will I go back to being the ass hole I used to be?'

As the seemingly never ending cycle of questions ran about my throbbing head, I grew the need to erase everything that's been going on recently in my brain, even if that meant only for a temporary measure of time. I needed to feel numb, to feel all the confusion vanish into thin air and not come back until he next time I wake up.

I needed a night out at the bar. I have not been there since the night I was rude to Cassie, which has been a couple weeks. That's weird for me, usually I would be there, setting up on one of the many stools lined up against the bar, spending most of my week earnings on alcohol, hoping to gain some relief and time away from all the questions clogging up in my head.

So, grabbing my phone and wallet, I rushed myself out of my apartment and into the crispy night air, walking my way to my car setting outside of my building.

Once I arrived at the closet bar I could find, I hurried in to find people already drunk as hell and grinding on random people throughout the small dance floor.

Dodging my way towards the liquid that will help my befuddled mind relax into a state or worry free moments.

_________________________

About half an hour or so later, I was still somewhat sober. I was told my the bartender that I should probably slow down, which I did since I'm not that hard to get along with while I'm 'drunk' surprisingly.

"Am I allowed to have more drinks now?" I pipped up as the bartender walking past me, serving some fancy drinks to the two ladies setting beside me.