Chapter 20

Cassie's POV

Mindlessly walking around Walmart, not doing anything to distract or irritate anyone, I felt odd when I noticed Ashley standing on the other side of the same isle I was on. I haven't talked to her ever, never once have I came face to face with her. I only really know her from afar and by talk, and I seriously want it to stay that way.

So, being as quiet and nonchalant as I possibly could, I set down the item I was observing and practically tip-toed away from her general area, not thinking much of her until a few minutes later, on a different isle and in a complete opposite section of the store.

I was a little confused, not really knowing why she went from looking at toiletries, to baby clothing. I had an excuse, I was going to my cousins baby shower a few towns over, so I needed mini shampoos and conditioners and a present to give to her.

Though, Ashley might have a excuse as well, but it's unlikely for her to end up on that isle at the same time I was there, right?

Once choosing a onesie that would be a good enough gift for my new little cousin, I wondered off towards the back of the store. The thought of Ashley soon leaving my mind as I glanced around to all the candies surrounding me as I walked down the specific isle dedicated to them.

"Gummy Bears or Sour Patch Kids?" I hummed out in question, holding both bags of either candy in my hands. Crouching down to see the price of the Gummy's compare to price of the Sour Patch Kids.

While trying to pick between the two things I was currently craving, I didn't realize that someone was approaching me until they spoke up. "You're going to eat that trash?" The girl scoffed, me not recognizing her voice, so I peered up from my hands.

"Ashley?" I gulped, almost dropping the sweets I was gripping onto as a wave of shock hit me. "What are you doing here, following me?"

She looked amused as I shifted uncomfortably under stares, tilting her head to the side as if that was her response to my question.

"First, you didn't answer me. I don't think you really want to be eating that if you're actually trying to get Calum back." She snickered, her eyes slowly staring me up and down. "And second, you need to tell Michael and Luke to back off, all they are doing is making Calum hate them more."

"I'm not trying to get Calum back Ashley. I'm not even apart of what the boys are doing." I rolled my eyes at her words that were meant to be 'hurtful', but in all reality, they didn't even sting since they came out of her mouth. The mouth of someone who is more talk and fake smiles than an actual person.

"So you don't know what the two of them have been saying to him?" She furrowed her eyebrows as if she was extremely confused. What she was questioning instantly made me grimace and sigh sadly.

I really wished that I didn't know what the boys had planned and what they had been threatening and telling our old friend. To me, it was all too hard to handle, so when they explained everything to me and asked me if I wanted join in on their plan, I refused. I can remember that whole conversation like it just happened just a couple seconds ago.

~Flashback~

"I want to know." I whined, walking up to the two boys, standing directly in front of their seated bodies. "Please Michael? Luke?"

"You're not going to like this Cassie, are you sure you want to be apart of this?" Luke looked hesitant, obviously not liking the idea of me doing the same as them much.

I moved glances from Luke to Michael, then back to Luke again. The both of them had a look of worry and fright etched onto their faces, anticipating my next words.

"I want to know what the plan is exactly before I agree to go along with it, with you two." I spoke up, placing my left hand on Michael's knee and my right hand on Luke's knee, pouting my bottom lip out at them. "Please just tell me what's going on and then I'll make up my mind."

Sighing inwardly, Michael gave Luke a pained side glance before gulping loudly. "Okay, so you can't get mad at either of us after you find this out, promise?" Michael smiled lightly, grumbling a bit once I gave a small nod as my answer.

"Well then." He fidgeted around in his stool before averting his eyes down to his lap as if he was ashamed about something. "We, me and Luke, decided last night that we would scare or... hurt Calum back into our lives."

"Hurt!?" I screeched, widening my eyes in bewilderment. "Don't hurt him! He's been really rude to us all, I know, but he doesn't deserve to be physically pained by us!"

"No, Cassie, we don't mean hurt as in hurting him physically, we mean it as in we will make him regret getting back with Ashley and throwing us out of his life so easily." Luke shook his head frantically, trying to get me to understand what they actually meant.

"I don't want to hurt him in any way, shape, or form. I don't want to be apart of this plan." I crossed my arms across my chest, ducking my head down as I thought over what lengths the boys would go to, to make Calum openly leave Ashley and forget this side of him.

Gripping my shoulder lightly, Michael made me turn my attention to him and Luke again. "You don't have to, but remember, you're the one who really wanted to know what the plan was just a few minutes ago."

Nodding, I closed my eyes as I felt a wave of sadness and worry crash over me, the boys I was standing before noticing fast, then pulling me into a helpful hug.

~End Of Flashback~

"I know what they're doing." I composed myself, giving the girl that I severally hated, a straight face. "And, when you go back to Calum later, tell him that I know he liked me and that I never liked him back, that it was always Luke."

Strutting away from her, I found myself smiling devilishly while walking my way to the check out. Just the look of pure distaste and shock that covered every inch of her face at my statement really put me in a much better mood.

I might be joining in on this plan after all. I'll have to tell the boys later, I guess.