Chapter 3

Calum's P.O.V

I'm determined to have a better day today.

Yesterday, was pretty bad and I'm pretty sure that Luke and Michael are mad at me, or at least still very disappointed in me for blowing up all because the memory of Ashley came back to haunt me.

So, to make sure everything is okay between me and my best friends, I called Luke over, in which he gladly agreed.

_______________________________

"Calum, open the door, I forgot my key again!" Luke called from outside, taking my attention away from the TV show I was previously focused on.

"Coming!" I answered, pausing my show before walking to the door to let Luke inside.

As I opened the door for him, he ran straight for my kitchen, which really didn't surprise me, that boy was a walking around with a black hole as a stomach, sucking up everything he could - that was food of course - just like the 'Eliminators' from the TV show Fairly Odd Parents.

"You have nothing!" Luke groaned in annoyance, slamming multiple cabinet doors closed.

"I know, let's go to the cafe down the road, I'll go shopping for groceries later." I offered, grabbing my keys off the coffee table in front of me and made my way towards the door, Luke quickly following after.

"Let's walk, I need to talk to you." Luke looked down at my hands, noticing my jiggling keys placed in them.

I agreed, knowing that I really didn't have a choice when it comes to Luke and what he wants.

As we started down the sidewalk, Luke started up the conversation that I dreaded happening.

"Why did you blow up on that girl when she did nothing to you?" He peered over at me in question.

"I don't know..." I sighed, shrugging my shoulders upwards meekly. "I think ever since Ashley, I've hated everyone, except you and Michael of course."

"That's no reason Calum." Luke sighed, shacking his head in disapproval.

I know he's right. I should stop being an ass and get over myself, I know that's what I should do, that's what I want to do. But every time I try, someone brings up the passed and breaks me down to the cold hearted person I've come to be.

"I think I know what your problem is Calum." Luke torn me away from my truthful thoughts.

"I know, I know! I need to stop being suck an ass and get over myself, I've already went over all of that on my own. But, every time I try to stop, and trust me I try, someone brings up the past and... and I just can control myself anymore." My voice got smaller and quieter as i neared the end of my response.

"Yes... that two, but, what I was really going to say, is Calum.... I think you're still in love with Ashley, I know you're still in love with Ashley. So when anyone brings you back to the thought of her and that she won't ever be yours again, you blow." He explained what her thought, what her knew was true.

Luke's words hurt, they hurt like pure hell, but every word is true. I am still in love with her, I do blow up every time I hear her name or our past together because I know she'll never be mine again. I know all of that, it's just really hard to admit that to myself and to everyone around me.

"I know..." I whispered, almost hoping that Luke didn't hear me.

"What?" He sounded like he was in shock. He's the one that just told me all of this, why is he surprised.

"What do you mean 'what?', I know I'm still in love with her, you're right, what's so surprising that I agreed? You just said all of that." I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest like a little child who was just forced into tell the truth about something that wanted to stay a secret lie.