Chapter 7

Calum's P.O.V

Ever since that night five days ago, the one when Cassie and Luke were acting all cuddly and couple like, they have been acting a lot different around me and each other, more distant than normal - to me that is...

I don't like it, I want to know what's happening.

"Calum, are you okay?" Michael questioned from the entryway to the kitchen, I guess he noticed my distress while walking back from getting a snack.

Michael's the only one talking to me at the moment, Luke is awkward around me - we'll more awkward than usual - and Cassie, she's is more shy now and she's always off in her own little world, not paying attention to anything else around her.

"I-I don't know..." I sighed, picking to tell me best friend the truth about my unknown and quite complex emotions.

I really don't know if I'm okay. I've almost lost almost all contact with one of my best friends and the girl I have a crush on.

That's a good enough reason to be a little spaced out and confused right?

"What's wrong? You and Luke have been so distant lately." Mikey questioned me, utter distraught housing his facial expressions.

"I know, I'm sorry." I puffed my cheeks out - I don't know why, it's just habit in awkward or slightly awkward situations for me. "It's just that Cassie and Luke haven't been acting right since our last band practice." I mumbled, not fully explaining everything that happened.

"What? Everything seemed fine before I left." He raised he eyebrows at me, a small look of worry coating his blue/ green eyes.

"After you left we decided to watch a horror movie. While watching it, Luke and Cassie was acting cozy and couple like. Now, ever since that night, they have been acting weird and it's getting to me." I informed the red head, but still not going into full detail of how I have a meager crush on Cassie.

"I think I get it." He told me after a long pause of him think about my pervious statement.

"What do you thinks happening?" I groaned, really wanting him to cut to the chase instead of making my wait - I'm not a very patient person.

"I think your jealous, Calum." He exclaimed, laughing as if it I was so oblivious to the fact that I was indeed jealous - which I was definitely not!

"Am not!" I argued, my brown eyes narrowing at the pale boy sitting in front of me.

"Yes you are, admit it. You don't like that they are both acting strange and distant because your scared they like each other, isn't that right!?You don't want to face the truth!" He scoffed, not liking that I'm not letting him get his way.

"The truth?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him in curiosity.

"Yeah, you said they were acting cuddly. How can people go from barely being acquaintances, to being cuddly and stuff, to avoiding each other and you... I think they like each other." He spoke his opinion. His opinion is wrong! It's stupid! They do not like each other, they can't like each other. Luke wouldn't do that to me.

Would he?...

"You don't know that for sure, Michael." I rushed out, my mind completely refusing to believe the former blondes obnoxious assumption.

"Do you want me to find out for you?" He inquired, looking at me in interest.

"Can you?" I pleaded, yearningly wanting answers as fast as he could receive them.

"Of course, I'll go talk to Luke right now." Taking time to lightly chuck at my state of begging before grabbing his belongings and leaving to go confront on of our best friends, Luke.