Chapter 18

Cassie's POV

By the time I gained enough courage to go over to Calum's apartment, Michael wouldn't answer his phone. It was most likely due to the fact that I was just now wanting to go, at four in the morning.

I had been up all night, drinking beer after beer, sometimes I would drink a water bottle here and there to put away the urges to throw up. Other than that, I had been thinking over what I should tell Calum when I went to see him.

'Should I apologize for not liking him the way he likes me?' I thought. 'Does he even like me anymore, since he is with Ashley as of right now, you know?' I didn't know what to think, it was quite hard, as I was very waisted.

"Just suck it up and wing it Cassie." I grumbled aloud to myself, rolling my eyes as I tried pushing my wobbly body of the chair I had been lounging around in.

Following my own words, I pulled on a jacket and some sandals that I caught glimpse of near by, making my way out of apartment and to Calum's. I didn't know how I was going to get there, seeing I was really relying on Michael to give me that ride I mentioned earlier over the phone.

Once down to the lobby of my building, I walked to the front desk, tripping over a few chairs along the way. "Hello!" I chirped, scaring the receptionist by my sudden noise. "I need a ride to my friends place." My words came out as a slurred mess.

"A ride where exactly?" The lady raised her eyebrows at me questionably. "Are you even able to hail a cab in the current state you're in?" She snickered, judging me as I lent against her desk for support.

"Do you know someone who can give we a ride or not?" I scoffed, a few drops of saliva flying past my lips as I sassed her. "If not, it's only a few streets down, I can walk if necessary." As she said nothing, I stood up straight again, now holding all of my own weight up.

Huffing, I groaned inwardly, stumbling over to the entry way of the lobby. "You suck, if I remember this tomorrow, I'll tell your boss what I just had to go through." My words made her gulp, but she had no time to make me change my mind as I scurried off into the night.

__________

It took a lot longer than it would have if I was sober, but I eventually made it to Calum's apartment building without being killed or even catcalled. That was actually really surprising.

"What's Calum Hood's room number?" I sighed, rubbing my tired eyes, talking in a almost whisper to the man working at the front desk of Calum's building. "I know it, but I'm a bit tipsy at the moment and it's slipped my mind."

"Does he know you're coming to see him?" The man questioned, not really taking in the state I was in, thankfully. "If he doesn't, you'll have to come back tomorrow. It's early morning and I'm sure he's sleeping if he's not expecting someone."

Deciding it's better to have the conversation with Calum while I'm less tense and overwhelmed; drunk, I nodded to the curious receptionist in front of me. "Yeah, I'm a little late, but he is probably still waiting up for me." I smiled innocently, gripping the countertop I was pressed up against as my knee gave out for a second, trying my best to compose myself.

"Room 298, on the top 6th floor." Still eyeing me in wonder, I walked away from him without another word being said, slowing taking one step at a time so I didn't make him regret letting me through.

As I found Cal's room, I stood in front of it, just staring at the dark colored wood. I didn't know what was holding me back from knocking, but something just didn't feel right as I was standing inches away from his presence.